No announcement yet.

Nice Deans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Heafy's guitar must be the most pathetic excuse for a stringed instrument ever, that is truly terrible. I know he has Asian roots and heritage, but that is really taking the piss. He has already had a bad reputation for being a hetfield-copying, metalcool -kid and this is just one step gheyer.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
      Aka, PC-1....
      You really think that thing looks like a PC1? Maybe if a PC1 was aborted at birth. I personally like some of the Dean stuff but when you pointed that out.. No... that guitar is no PC1.. (LOL) Someone (at dean) needs to go back to the drawing board if that's there answer for a PC1 more like a PC-Sub20. I don't like that body at all.

I'm sorry to say it but I like that Red V (Whoever signature guitar it is) it looses it at the neck and head stock.. and pot position... and jack position.. well... ok... I like the cut outs on the body. (lol) the rest, not so much. ML's are cool though still
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Just what I needed...a ML Acoustic.

Comment

Originally posted by earlache View Post
          Just what I needed...a ML Acoustic.
          The scene from Animal house comes to mind
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
            Aka, PC-1....

sad part is I already own a PC-1
            Dean MAB2 Aviator Signed
            Dean MAB1 Armor Flame Signed #3
            Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley 7
            ESP Horizon NTII
            Jackson SL1 USA
            Jackson PC1 USA
            Ibanez RGA-121
            Ibanez PGM 301
            Ibanez UV777BK Strung to high A
            Maton EBG808 TE (Tommy E)
            Alvarez CY127CE
            Click here for my You Tube Page!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
              That's what I thought,too.

Funny, all the "number1 wannabe" guitar companies keep copying Jackson models.
              Of course Jackson did basically rip off the Razorback V for the Demmel. The just moved the cuts closer to the middle. That's just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                Of course Jackson did basically rip off the Razorback V for the Demmel. The just moved the cuts closer to the middle. That's just my opinion though.
                I kinda thought the same thing. Though, the Demmel looks cooler to me.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Tommy Bolin and Dean?????????????????????????????????
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I kinda thought the same thing. Though, the Demmel looks cooler to me.
                    Yeah, the Demmel is definitely cooler. Not to mention, it will probably retail in the same ballpark as the Deans, but at least it has real EMG's, a real Floyd, ebony fretboad ... you get the point.

Comment

Also, am I the only one who thinks those decal finishes look cheap as shit!

Comment

Soltero.....

Comment

They have been putting out some ugly guitars as of late, but some of their axes play wonderfully. I used to work in a shop that sold ESPs and Deans (unable to get a deal with Fender, so sadly no Jacksons). We had a few Dean USA hardtail models and they ripped. I also had a chance to play the USA Razorback (rust finish) last time I was in New York. Uglier than hell, but that thing KILLED. Set up flawlessly, played like a Ferrari shifts. I love the quality of the instruments, I hate the way they look now.

Comment

The Dean Girls from NAMM 2008:

I've never been into Dean Guitars and think pretty much all the Dimebag axes are pretty ugly. I actually ran into Chris Caffery from TSO at the Dean booth this year and told him his Rhoads looked much cooler than his current Dean stuff They did have a TSO Dean guitar there:

I thought the best looking Dean was by far the Michael Angelo model:

Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Some of them look cool, but every time I see that huge headstock I think of someone who posted here about the stubby king v saying it looked like a dean headstock with a fretboard.

I can't help laughing to myself every time I think that.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                                The Dean Girls from NAMM 2008:

ugh.haggard....which gutter did they drag them outta?? perhaps they shoulda set them up along with their guitars

Comment

Working...
                                X