Pictures are up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
    Posting a batch of 100+ pics from yesterday right now.
    Thanks for the pics Matt. Hey that Phil Demmel sig, is it Mahogany? And do you know anything about how it plays? Just as smooth as the RR24?
    www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
    www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
    www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Originally posted by Tho View Post
      Thanks for the pics Matt. Hey that Phil Demmel sig, is it Mahogany? And do you know anything about how it plays? Just as smooth as the RR24?
      Ya, I want to know too.

What's the price range for one, and will it e available with white binding, and different bridge options?

Comment

That depends mostly on the setup and you. It has little to do with the guitar itself as everyone prefers different things. Maybe those aren't even setup and would play like shit. Doesn't mean they're bad guitars and will always play badly.

Comment

does the new Wolfie have an OFR?
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Will you be ordering any BC Rich Gunslinger Retros in yellow? If so when you get a chance could you PM me some pricing and availablilty info on them?

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
              That depends mostly on the setup and you. It has little to do with the guitar itself as everyone prefers different things. Maybe those aren't even setup and would play like shit. Doesn't mean they're bad guitars and will always play badly.
              That's not what I meant. I'm not asking about the sound, but I'm asking about the feel of the guitar. How it feels to play it.

Just like an RR24 doesn't play as smooth as a USA RR
              www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
              www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
              www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Nah I was talking about the feel too. Feel is entirely subjective. To me, smooth = medium/high action. Some people prefer lower action. Either way... it's true some companies do the things that matter better than others i.e bridge setups, fret polishing/dressing (VERY important and too often overlooked).

Never played an RR24 nor RR1 so I can't compare. Specs wise neither are for me and would be pretty uncomfortable unfortunately, as most Jacksons are

Were you ever able to find a RR24 in Holland? I never saw any in any of the Amsterdam shops. Dijkman have loads of Jacksons but overpriced and 10 years old stock they haven't managed to sell yet...

Comment

That's not what I meant. I'm not asking about the sound, but I'm asking about the feel of the guitar. How it feels to play it.

Just like an RR24 doesn't play as smooth as a USA RR

I think that it is entirley subjective. The differences betwee the RR1 and RR24 are material, and neck dimensions.

For me, an rr24 might be a better since I tend to like thinner necks, and more frets (if set up the way that I like).

and RR1, you are paying more for the woods in the neck, the MOP inlays, yada yada.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post

Selling 5000 guitars at say $1500 = $7.5 mil (import version of #89)
                    Sorry to say, but that guitar would not sell 5000 pieces at $1500 as an import. Not even as a USA at that price.

I get your basic point though - you can sell 100 items for $1000 and make $100,000 or you can sell 1000 of the same item for $500 and make $500,000.

However, Jackson sells to dealers, so the prices are set, and there's really no concern on Jackson's part if the dealers can't move them.

As for those one-hum pickguarded Charvels, do they have a swimming pool route?
                    Far be it from me to suggest routing reverse-slanted singles into the belly of a Custom Shop to make a Jake
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have to add my disappointment at no new imports other than the Demmel. At least this one has 2 pickups, unlike the COW and KB.

But then again, for some people, NAMM is about the glitz and flash of Custom Shop pieces so people can go "oooh" and "wowww" rather than the serious buyers who will see an affordable dream guitar and make plans to buy several of them.

But, given Jackson's reputation, you have to admit if they showed up at NAMM with 2 Customs and 500 imports, they'd quickly be shunned by the majority of the attendees. "What happened to Jackson? They've always had all kinds of flashy Customs, now all they have are those plain-jane ho-hum imports."

They're stuck with that image as far as NAMM is concerned.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Great pics!!!! Thanks Matt.

Comment

Quilted SL2H idea is cool, although I'm not really a quilt guy, it will help rise the sales and if I'm not wrong the logo on that quilted SL2H is black and I like black Jackson logos a lot
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

That little kid looks petrified of Nikki Sixx LOL. Also seems like a lot of companies are trying electrics again (Vox, Ovation, and Taylor, though this is their first time around).

Comment

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Those Charvel stratheads with the matching headstock, Floyd and black pickguards are awesome. The epitome of the "superstrat" IMO. Wonder how much $$$ ?

Comment

Yeah I'm curious about those Charvels with the matching stratheads, they're the highlight of the J/C stuff at NAMM to me.
                                I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X