No announcement yet.

New ESP Models for NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when are we gonna get Jacksons 08 models?

lol
    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
      In my experience the corners are cut on the timber. That for me is THE biggest corner to cut and the only one you shouldn't touch... but eh. To be honest the few LTDs I played were good instruments. Certainly not close to ESP or US Jacksons, but good value nonetheless. But to me a guitar isn't the sum of the brand of its hardware.
      ---
      The specs for the LTD Serpent indicate Swamp Ash body, Maple neck and Rosewood board, which is the same woods used for the ESP version, as I recall.

Of course, it could be more pieces glued together, worse pieces, etc., compared to the ESP version, but at least it's the same kind of wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlover View Post
        So when are we gonna get Jacksons 08 models?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
          ---
          The specs for the LTD Serpent indicate Swamp Ash body, Maple neck and Rosewood board, which is the same woods used for the ESP version, as I recall.

Of course, it could be more pieces glued together, worse pieces, etc., compared to the ESP version, but at least it's the same kind of wood.
          Kind means nothing. A good piece of Mahogany and a bad piece of Mahogany are both Mahogany. There can be a good and a bad piece from the same tree. Good tonewood is more expensive than bad/average tonewood.

Comment

No, spec'ing the same kind of wood doesn't mean "nothing."

If a prospective buyer is hoping his/her LTD is close to the ESP version, having the LTD and ESP both made of the same kind of wood is better than the LTD model being made of a totally different wood.

I already acknowledged that the LTD version could be made of worse pieces, more pieces, etc.

Comment

That trans green MH-1000 is HOT... I could never really get into that seriously over the top wannabe abalone binding though...

Comment

No, spec'ing the same kind of wood doesn't mean "nothing."

If a prospective buyer is hoping his/her LTD is close to the ESP version, having the LTD and ESP both made of the same kind of wood is better than the LTD model being made of a totally different wood.

I already acknowledged that the LTD version could be made of worse pieces, more pieces, etc.
                Nah I see what you mean, no worries, and it's true I guess. You can look at specs but the quality of the wood is never stated

Comment

Or how much of it is glue holding many pieces together.

Comment

I´m thinking something like the LTD Serpent won´t have all that many corners cut in the wood and workmanship, since it´s probably gonna be pretty darn expensive for a korean guitar. The ESP´s will presumably always have the choice woods, and more attention to detail, since otherwise it wouldn´t be much use still having them around... but these high dollar LTD´s are shaping up to be pretty good guitars from what I´ve seen and tried out in the local shops.

Comment

---
                      I'm pretty sure the original Serpent models were alder. I've got a 1995 catalog around here somewhere with that, the Kerry King and Jake E. Lee models, all alder.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The catalogue from 2000 confirms alder. But on the other hand, there were some custom/limited/one-off versions of the Serpent, no? Glow-in-the-dark paint, reverse bodies? Maybe some of those were ash. Also, the Serpent had its debut back in 1992, 1993 somewhere... so the very early ones could have been ash, even though it isn´t likely considering that George´s personal ones are alder as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Roidster View Post
                          i want the JH 200 Digi Camo

if Jackson make a affordable King V with a camo pattern and id be all over it
                          Wonder what those new inlays are? Kinda looks like the Waffen SS unit Hohenstaufen logo (capital H with a sword in the center).

I like the digital camo too.

Comment

Either Alder or Ash i fine with me. My main concern is that the LTD is made of some kind of wood that I trust, e.g., Ash, Alder, Mahogany, or in a pinch, Basswood, as opposed to one of the more mysterious varieties sometimes seen in less expensive guitars, e.g., Nato, Agathis, unspecified "Select Tonewoods," etc.

Comment

+1 on liking the Digital Camo and wondering what those inlays are.

Comment

If I'm right about the inlays and you want one you'd better get it soon or ESP will pull it if they catch some heat over it. Anyone remember the now ultra rare S&Key Hanneman model?

Comment

Working...
                                X