How about NAMM 08' ?? Im going !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
    He'll have a beer with ya, take pictures with ya, and then have a video crew interview ya.

Ha!

Sorry you won't be there, Todd.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
      Ha!

Sorry you won't be there, Todd.

- E.
      Thanks man. Circumstances beyond our control. We'll be there next year for sure.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks man. Circumstances beyond our control. We'll be there next year for sure.
        We'll try and hook up with you then.

BTW, the "Ha!" was about your comment about being filmed by a video crew, not about the fact that you can't make it.

- E.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
          We'll try and hook up with you then.

BTW, the "Ha!" was about your comment about being filmed by a video crew, not about the fact that you can't make it.

- E.
          Understood you completely. If I remember correctly, you were taped too, weren't you?
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Understood you completely. If I remember correctly, you were taped too, weren't you?
            Yep! Talking about the generator, which Mike uses quite a bit.

- E.

Comment

Please say hey, if you do come to the show!
              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                Brian:

I'll definitely come by and say hello.

Will Mike Kotzen and Johnny Walker on Ice be there as well?

- Eric

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post
                  Podcast your booth and guitars. Thank you
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                    Thanks to My Brother in Law !!! (for spending about $50 K in the last 6 months) ...my Bass playin' bud, and i are IN !! First time ever...
                    "must be in the front Row"... ! Anyone else going?
                    ********** Got a question for you guys who have went before...
                    Is there about a $150 to $200 charge for what NAMM does with the
                    electronic passes, and processing? My Local guy says that NAMM
                    charged him $200 for the 3 of us going...so i need to pay him that back.
                    Warranted? Or a $200 Money grab!! "-( ??

Comment

Originally posted by Trypp Powell View Post
                      Any word on what new guitar company Dave Mustaine will be endorsing?
                      ***** OLP !! :ROTF:

Comment

********** Got a question for you guys who have went before...
                        Is there about a $150 to $200 charge for what NAMM does with the
                        electronic passes, and processing? My Local guy says that NAMM
                        charged him $200 for the 3 of us going...so i need to pay him that back.
                        Warranted? Or a $200 Money grab!! "-( ??
                        I haven't been to NAMM, but I think he may be trying to gouge you. Here's the registration info page, and it looks like badges are free as long as you register before 12/7, then they're $25 after that:

http://www.thenammshow.com/badges

Most trade shows I've been to are free for the customers (which is what most everyone getting a badge is supposed to be) and the vendors are the ones footing the bill so they can show their products.
                        Last edited by dg; 12-06-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

***** OLP !! :ROTF:
                          Ouch! But that would fit in with the downward slide...

Jackson > ESP > Dean > ...

Did I forget one in there somewhere?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                            I haven't been to NAMM, but I think he may be trying to gouge you. Here's the registration info page, and it looks like badges are free as long as you register before 12/7, then they're $25 after that:

http://www.thenammshow.com/badges

Most trade shows I've been to are free for the customers (which is what most everyone getting a badge is supposed to be) and the vendors are the ones footing the bill so they can show their products.
                            **** But he is the "Vendor"...and he's NOT going.. We are his reps...
                            so maybe that's the charge? So in reality...we 3 are the "Vendor's".

Comment

**** But he is the "Vendor"...and he's NOT going.. We are his reps...
                              so maybe that's the charge? So in reality...we 3 are the "Vendor's".
                              What he is doing is having you pay his NAMM fees for the year, and he is giving you the passes that are alloted to him as a NAMM member.

Has nothing to due with how much your relative spent. It's his way of keeping his NAMM membership and you footing the bill for it. He see you got the dough and want to go, he figures he gets another year of membership, on your dime. He obviously isn't doing it, because your awesome customers. He's doing it because it benefits him and you get something you want out of it.

That's it, plain and simple and your passes will be guest passes.

I think it's not cool in that, he isn't being honest with you, in what he is actually charging you for. If you guys made arrangements to pay his fees and you get tickets, that's one thing, but if he is telling you "you guys are great customers, let me give you tickets." and then tells you there is some little fee attached to each ticket. Then that's not cool.
                              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Vince explains it much better than I did. I guess I should have said "exhibitors" instead of "vendors". The exhibitors (the companies with the booths) foot the lion's share of the cost of holding the event. The guy could've been more straight with you & said he wanted you guys to pay his NAMM dues. It's not necessarily a bad deal if you really want to see the show & go for multiple days, but like Vince said, a dealer taking care of a great customer will usually give him a pass for free, and in the past when dealers here gave them away I don't recall them asking for anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X