What's the deal with the EVH Amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evh Amp

I got it from a reliable source yesterday that they are trying to make it so that every dealer gets the amps on the same day, June 14. They aren't allowed to advertise them before that. My source also said the street price for a 100watt half-stack would be about 2 grand. I am going to bring my Splawn Quickrod in for a comparison at the store owner's request. I bet the 5150-3 is a great amp. I am curious to see if Fender can do a real rock amp. I am expecting it to sound like a cross between a Marshall and a Soldano, maybe with a nice fender clean channel. I think that's what they tried to do with the Peavey 5150, which I had and it served me well for many years. It was a way to get some of that Soldano-type vibe without breaking the bank. I will report back once I have had the chance to play one of the fenders.

Comment

Your reliable source is incorrect about the date... it's June 28th. I have 2 heads and cabs coming if anyone is interested.
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I just received a card from Guitar Center that says they will have them at Platinum locations starting on June 15th.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I guess Matt is more of a Bronze dealer then?

J/K dude
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

GC in Hollywood has a black and a white one on the floor now. $2k for the head and $1k for the cab.

Comment

American Musical had it on their site last week but they took it down.

Comment

Yeah, the store I go to is a platinum Fender dealer which probably explains why he is getting them before some other dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  I guess Matt is more of a Bronze dealer then?

J/K dude

Or pot metal?
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Haha...

Regardless of when dealers get them they can't be advertised until 6/28. I'm not any kind of a Fender dealer, don't carry the stuff.
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                      I just received a card from Guitar Center that says they will have them at Platinum locations starting on June 15th.
                      I got one too...

Comment

Nice... makes me wonder why FMIC makes us sign agreements that state otherwise, if this is the case.

Ugh!

Comment

Make'n Music already has Frankenstrats at the store, pony up the cash EVH groupies!!
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

All i can say.. is bettcha i get one first! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                              Like the frankenstrat replica, it will be as much as a new car or in some places the price of buying a smaller house. You know its gonna be way over priced for what it is....an "amp".

Reminds me of the more recent episode of Gene Simmons reality show, where he cough and sneezes into a kleenex and give it to Shannon and says, sell it on "ebay." People will give up anything and everything just to get an Eddie amp, even its ridiculously over priced, and knowing in their right minds they can't afford, and don't really need it because they already have several amps they don't use. All I would like to see, is Ed get cleaned up and put out a great rockin Van Halen CD, which we all know he's capable of doing, if he gets himself cleaned up.

Thats all I want, a good rockin CD from the legend himself. He could play and record it through a 10 inch speaker practice amp for all I care.
                              Well....if $2800 is a terrible price for a 1/2 stack...then i guess its overpriced? I know a lot of Bogner owners who would think this was
                              a bargain !! :-)) Mine...MINE!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                                Nice... makes me wonder why FMIC makes us sign agreements that state otherwise, if this is the case.

Ugh!
                                Most likely because GC /MF have deeper pockets

Fender has always been that way, smaller dealers get to sign agreements that in the end screw them over, while the high volume shops don´t even have to sign but can do whatever they want, giving them even moire advantages.

That´s why I boycotted all FMIC products as a dealer

Comment

Working...
                                X