Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
    It's kinda cool in an ugly way
    Idk bout this guitar, but that's how I feel about BC Rich Bich's.
    "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
    Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
    Dimebag Darrell
    Chuck Schuldiner
    Cliff Burton

Comment

• The headstock is fugly, but i liked the inlays.
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

• Sucks. I will take one of my USA Kings or USA Dean ML's over that piece of firewood. Fucking copy cats.

Comment

• It could be worse definately. I like the headstock, even if it is a ripoff of the BC Rich Pointy from back in the day.
          I tried to see if some different variations might make it more appealing (reverse headstock, reverse headstock & inlays). They didn't seem to do much for me.

Here are my suggestions for this guitar:

1.) Inlays - Get rid of the dots. Also make the inlays slightly smaller (maybe 25% smaller) & center them between the frets & ends of the fretboard.

2.) Bevels - Continue the bevels from the points up to where the body meets the neck (like on a King V). That stop & chip/ledge looks stupid & takes away from the symmtry of the guitar.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• I also thought the headstock looked a little compact/stubby.
            So I modded it a little in MSPaint. I increased the Horizontal 130% of just the point of the headstock. I think it gives it a more streamlined look.

Original:

Modded:

This gives you an idea of what I meant by the point.
            Last edited by Hamner1; 02-03-2007, 12:28 PM. Reason: To compare modded headstock to original
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• Now if I could just find a way to get rid of those ugly bevels or mod those as well.

Comment

• The body looks ok, might be better if the "bevel tips" were at different places, ie. not symmetric.

Anyone got a link to the interview (with the cute girls ) ?
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

• after years of playing v's and flirting w/ that weird iceman looking thing, it would have been WAY cooler to go back to the rich bich of days past..

Comment

• Originally posted by gaussmantra View Post
                    after years of playing v's and flirting w/ that weird iceman looking thing, it would have been WAY cooler to go back to the rich bich of days past..
                    If BC Rich were actually up to anything these days. Sadly, they're back in self-destruction mode.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• Yeah, you cant beat the Jackson Mustaine!! ESP was an ok guitar too.
                      Dean???
                      heh- Well, I'll let you all know what I think of the looks, build and playability when Dean sends me the 2 I have on order...
                      until then, I cant really say too much on what to expect.
                      Hope they are great tho.

Comment

• I want to find me some of these...

:ROTF:

Comment

• Looks to me like Dave stole his glove-design from Darth Vader!
                          As for the new guitar, if it's ugly, don't blame Dean, blame Dave.
                          He could choose any guitar manufacturer he'd want. I don't think he'd let other people screw around with his idea for a guitar.. Not that he invented the King V btw..!
                          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

• When I originally saw that ad I wondered if he was wearing the gloves so it would be easier to photoshop the guitar in later. I have a fairly wild imagination, but I sort of got the impression at the unveiling that he was seeing it for the first time too.

Comment

• He looks so strungout in that pic.
                              My Main Rig:
                              '87 Charvel Model 4A
                              Peavey KB100 amp
                              Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                              '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                              '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                              '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                              '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                              '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

• Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                                When I originally saw that ad I wondered if he was wearing the gloves so it would be easier to photoshop the guitar in later. I have a fairly wild imagination, but I sort of got the impression at the unveiling that he was seeing it for the first time too.
                                Yep, you're probably right.

Comment

Working...
                                X