No announcement yet.

Mustaine sig is with Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that is one fugly guitar from the headstock, to the inlays, and down to the control layout.

Comment

I can't give specifics, but Dave was in negotiations with another guitar company up until this last minute dealings with Dean. Sorry that is all I am free to talk about.
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

The dots in the inlays need to be different but overall I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          I have always hated sharp pointy Vs and this is no exception.

it's pretty much an abortion in my book. can Dean EVER make a decent looking headstock? every one of their headstocks is terrible, as is this ESP copy looking one.

Dave can stab some small animals with the sharp ends I guess. make him more evil, since that's apparently what's important in metal these days, rather than musicianship.
          That is one fugly guitar Hey man, this is the only Dean headstock I have ever liked. This is one of my Czech EVO`s. Jack.

Comment

it is apparent the Dean Girls were involved in negotiations!!!!!!
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by palepainter View Post
              I can't give specifics, but Dave was in negotiations with another guitar company up until this last minute dealings with Dean. Sorry that is all I am free to talk about.
              Damn! Wouldn't you know this would be the one time Scamsevere wasn't completely full of shit. I deserve a sweep kick to the head.

Comment

It's the worst mustaine guitar EVER.And the first Mustaine guitar that I don't want to buy.The worst move of his career is this guitar.I knew this was gonna happen.It's nearly same with the mockup picture.
                Oh please, this is like a PRS Dragon compared to the ASSion.

Its not REALLY sharkies, I see what they were going for, it has a more Megadeth sorta look to it, notice how the fins don't really slope, its more angular. The dots though have got to go, thats just stupid.

The body looks great, I like the little lightning bolt effect to the sides. The headstock is where it really fails though. God its awful. They should have used the V headstock but with that same lightning bolt effect from the body mirrored on the inside of the headstock V. That would have looked pretty cool. Still light years better than the Axxion. But then my cat has hacked up things that look more appealing than the Axxion.

Comment

Get rid of the stupid dots!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                    Get rid of the stupid dots!!
                    +1

Comment

There is an article on the Dean website now that states that Dean and Dave Mustaine are collaborating on a new guitar line to be released later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KingV1 View Post
                        There is an article on the Dean website now that states that Dean and Dave Mustaine are collaborating on a new guitar line to be released later this year.
                        hopefully a revised version of this with better inlays and an improved HS

body is fine, love the bevels

Comment

What happened to the rumer that Dave wanted to buyout Jackson but Fender wouldn't let it go? I thought that was one of the most entertaining ones leading up to the anouncment...

Comment

I sure as hell hope that they change the inlays and put matching headstocks on the cheaper models. That headstock sure reminds me of B.C. Rich.
                            http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5076968905 <--My Band

Comment

Originally posted by megawzrd View Post
                              What happened to the rumer that Dave wanted to buyout Jackson but Fender wouldn't let it go? I thought that was one of the most entertaining ones leading up to the anouncment...
                              Dave was trying to come up with the capital to buy Jackson from AMIC, but couldn't come up with the complete amount in time so Jackson was sold to Fender instead. And who said anything about it being a rumor? Multiple sources confirmed that he was indeed trying to raise the capital, and he was pissed because AMIC didn't wait for him.

At least the story as I remember it....
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKETASS
                                For An Artist Like Dave...money Is Everything!!

Dave Was Going To Come Back To Fender/jackson...was

Then Elliott From Dean/armadillo Whipped Out The Checkbook And Wrote A Real Whopper Once He Heard That Dave Was A Free Agent..

The Whole Deal Was Done In 30 Day's....

The Check Was Almost As Large As The One Elliott Wrote To Dimebag!!

Huge...huge Money People.....

That Guitar Could Have Had No Headstock And Dave Would Have Said..."looks Great!!!"
                                Damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X