Clear All

Great pics, Vince! Thanks much.

Comment

thank you! awesome!

Comment

cool. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
          No binding on the neck, headstock only it looked like.
          I dont know man i think that its black binding on the white w/black bevels and im almost positive there is binding on the black w/green. either way im buying one thanks for the pics

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            Great stuff Vince.

The Jackson stuff is really disappointing though - with a couple of exceptions, it's just a bunch of std spec guitars with OTT graphics and silly prices. Why the hell do they insist in doing busy graphics on a totally standard front loaded RR1?....

Having said that, from those pics, not all the guitars listed on the FMIC NAMM sheet appear to be there - Soloist Archtop, Red Soloist with black neck for 2 instances....

That was strange Neilli, In the past, I had the opportunity and time to work with John Walker and Mike Kotzen on truly unique pieces. I think with all the changes within the corporate structure, there was less time to make all the really neat stuff happen other than being able to paint them. I hope for more opportunity and time in the future.
            Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
            http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Am I the only one who can't see these pics?

Comment

Well to me there certainly seemd to be a lull in the fferings this year. I'm very disapointed. I'm more dissapointed in $10k relics ... that's just ridiculous now...
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Cool pix thanks, Did ESP have the Star for the US market last year?
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

killer pic man
                    http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Originally posted by palepainter View Post
                      That was strange Neilli, In the past, I had the opportunity and time to work with John Walker and Mike Kotzen on truly unique pieces. I think with all the changes within the corporate structure, there was less time to make all the really neat stuff happen other than being able to paint them. I hope for more opportunity and time in the future.
                      Mike - thanks for the response. It was not meant as a critism of your work in any way, or of Mike K or John. I guess to me it just seems stupid to take a totally standard guitar and then get it painted, if for no reason other than it makes the paint seem very, very expensive indeed! Just leaving out the neck pickup would make the guitar seem more than a last minute thing: "oh shit, we haven't sent anything to Mike or Dan for NAMM - crap. Oh well, no time now, just grab a few black SL2Hs / RR1s off the racks and send them out to the painters"!

Also, to my mind, an RR doesn't have much room to work with, and putting a complex graphic over a scratchplate and then interupting it with 2 pickups, 4 controls and a floyd just means there's no flow....
                      Last edited by neilli; 01-18-2007, 08:28 PM.
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                        Well to me there certainly seemd to be a lull in the fferings this year. I'm very disapointed. I'm more dissapointed in $10k relics ... that's just ridiculous now...
                        Totally agree Kev. The pricing is just nuts, especially when so many previous NAMM guitars are still sitting in stores unsold.....
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Oh no...I AM the only one who can't see the pics. It's like there's a party and I'm not invited.

Anyone know when Jacksonguitars.com will have them up?
                          Last edited by Deadlock; 01-18-2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics Vince! Little disappointed (ok VERY disappointed!!!!) there was no Jackson maple boarded imports like the Warrior or Kelly.

The RG 20th Anniversary looks nice but that price must be NAMM pricing at over $1199 US MSRP. Didn't Matt say these will have a street price around $800? If so, definately worth it as used RFR or DY RG-550's sell for up to that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
                              Oh no...I AM the only one who can't see the pics. It's like there's a party and I'm not invited.

Anyone know when Jacksonguitars.com will have them up?
                              I have no idea why you can't see them. Try emptying your cache and history and go back to the site. They are just standard jpeg images.

LOL you will never see them at the Jackson website. You know alot of people bash on ESP here but man, at least they upgrade their site every year, and seem to at least try to bring new things to NAMM. On top of that I truly believe they may be making superior product to Jackson now, suffice to say the last few JC guitars I have gotten have all had some QC problems(from paint to the guitar not being wired up right), where the last few ESPs have been flawless. Sorry to get off track, it's just I was just at the ESP site and it's all new as of today, and it got me thinking.
                              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                                Mike - thanks for the response. It was not meant as a critism of your work in any way, or of Mike K or John. I guess to me it just seems stupid to take a totally standard guitar and then get it painted, if for no reason other than it makes the paint seem very, very expensive indeed! Just leaving out the neck pickup would make the guitar seem more than a last minute thing: "oh shit, we haven't sent anything to Mike or Dan for NAMM - crap. Oh well, no time now, just grab a few black SL2Hs / RR1s off the racks and send them out to the painters"!

Also, to my mind, an RR doesn't have much room to work with, and putting a complex graphic over a scratchplate and then interupting it with 2 pickups, 4 controls and a floyd just means there's no flow....
                                I totally agree with you there bro. No offense taken at all. This past year has been full of ups and downs. I was lucky that there was anything of mine at the show this year.
                                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X