Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
    +1, or even no inlays at all.
    Sharkfins sans binding don't look all that great - and even less so in MOTO.

See, I could care less about "binding" and "MOTO" (cant tell the difference from 2 feet away), a matching headstock (on the white one) would have been the shit! Again, ONE of the reasons I bought a RR5 over a RR1t........
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

• Originally posted by 777 View Post
      See, I could care less about "binding" and "MOTO" (cant tell the difference from 2 feet away)
      Can't agree with you there, sorry. There's a huge difference in how MOP and MOTO looks. MOP = lustrous and reflective. MOTO = dull and grey.

Comment

• Originally posted by 777 View Post
        See, I could care less about "binding" and "MOTO" (cant tell the difference from 2 feet away), a matching headstock (on the white one) would have been the shit! Again, ONE of the reasons I bought a RR5 over a RR1t........
        I could care less, too. Binding looks nice, but I don't need it. And I don't really care what the inlays are made of either.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• well, you guys could care less? is this saying that you, infact DO care about binding?

come on, use the terms right, it's COULDN'T care less. as in no care at all...
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

• Originally posted by Davey View Post
            well, you guys could care less? is this saying that you, infact DO care about binding?

come on, use the terms right, it's COULDN'T care less. as in no care at all...
            I believe it's could not care, or could care less.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I believe it's could not care, or could care less.
              yes, if you want to say that you do care about something
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

• I could care about you or I could care less about you. Where's Ron? :ROTF:

Comment

• Pro Series?? WOW :O
                  Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                  Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                  Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I could care about you or I could care less about you. Where's Ron? :ROTF:
                    if you could care less, then there is room for your caring to lessen

if you couldn't care less, then there is no where but up for your caring to go

as much as it pains me to say it, Davey is right

fuck toejam
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

• Binding definitely adds class to a guitar and should be on most of them.

Moto = who cares imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                        Can't agree with you there, sorry. There's a huge difference in how MOP and MOTO looks. MOP = lustrous and reflective. MOTO = dull and grey.

(Huge??)Yup, from less than 2 feet away, but you left out the quoting about the matching headstock...................
                        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

• Originally posted by skarhead View Post
                          Binding definitely adds class to a guitar and should be on most of them.
                          Then that'd just make it the norm and boring? I think the lack of it is a design decision. They're going for a batshit insane minimilist shred guitar....no binding. The white would fuck it up totally imo, well itd unbalance it and become less 'hard'. If you want class get an rr5, or rr1, if you want insane shred, the rr24. There was a time when purfling denoted a guitar of esteemed monetary value and excellent workmanship. But after seeing the clusterfuck of grottyness thats on some esp's I strongly reconsider! Its these design elements that make Jackson king of shapes and trim imo! I also strongly disbelieve the onyx had binding, I'm sure it was just primer taped over to create a 'natural' binding strip

Funny, the only thing holding me off it is the neck pickup, yet I'm on n on about binding

rr24 anti-binding megasquad - Sleek not Geek!

Comment

• Originally posted by bibz View Post
                            There was a time when purfling denoted a guitar of esteemed monetary value and excellent workmanship. But after seeing the clusterfuck of grottyness thats on some esp's I strongly reconsider! Its these design elements that make Jackson king of shapes and trim imo!
                            good point!

I also strongly disbelieve the onyx had binding, I'm sure it was just primer taped over to create a 'natural' binding strip
                            oh no, it most definitely had binding, neck & headstock. Because once some of the binding fell off in a couple of sections, the frets started cutting the shit out of my fretting hand
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              fuck toejam
                              No, no. Fuck Lee. I mean, fuck Hippie Tim. :ROTF:

Comment

• A don't care if it is moto or mof....but bindings would look super cool. We still have to see about that.
                                Well if they want to compete with esp ltd alexi-600, they should put white w/black bevels RR out.

Comment

Working...
                                X