No announcement yet.

NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming they finally decided to put Rhoads wings on a Soloist neck, I'd say the neck profile was that of an SL3, or maybe an early 90's SL Pro.

As for "the binding Nazis" - you said it yourself, a $2 junker has binding, so why can't a $1000 guitar?

For that matter, $2 junkers have more than one pickup

And on the subject of a USA 24 fret RR, It's my understanding that they made the WR-1 production model because they had so many Custom Shop orders for a 25.5" scale 2 hum Warrior.

The big question is: have they not received enough CUstom Shop orders for 24 fret RRs to warrant (ick! I said "the word") makign it a production model, or is it such a Custom Shop money-maker that they are keeping it a Custom Shhop Only model? If I was raking in the cash for them, I'd keep them wherever they were making me the most money.
    Last edited by Newc; 01-10-2007, 10:25 PM.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post

And on the subject of a USA 24 fret RR, It's my understanding that they made the WR-1 production model because they had so many Custom Shop orders for a 25.5" scale 2 hum Warrior.

The big question is: have they not received enough CUstom Shop orders for 24 fret RRs to warrant (ick! I said "the word") makign it a production model, or is it such a Custom Shop money-maker that they are keeping it a Custom Shhop Only model? If I was raking in the cash for them, I'd keep them wherever they were making me the most money.
      Yeah that is what I was thinking earlier, I would assume there would be enough of a demand amongst metal players for a USA 24 fret Rhoads...But you never know, maybe not. Either way it is great news, and depending on how sales go...Maybe they will go a step further with this, then again maybe not.
      I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        That's my bud Will Rustrum (Hangar 18, Anger As Art)!
        Yea Ron I always loved that axe he plays. Probably going to get 1 of these imports with that design.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post
          Sorry to go off topic, but in Lamb of God's video for Ruin, was it Mark or Willie who had the Rhoads? I think its WIllie...
          Mark has the RR5... either violin brown or trans red, I can't remember. He's also got an old black RR... a PS3, I believe.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by bibz View Post
            And whats with the binding nazi's? This isnt a 50's fuckin archtop its a shred machine! 2dollar junkers have binding nowdays, its not a display of quality.
            hey hey HEY!!!

I paid $400 new for that Onyx....

Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
              According to Matt's site, all the guitars are black with either white, red or yellow bevels.
              http://www.mattsmusic.com/Merchant2/.../Jackson2/RR24

damnit...looks like i gotta pass then. but hey, i just saved $1200!

Comment

• They listened to us!

I'll have a good think about this
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

• It is nice that they are making this for the folks that really needed the extra 2 frets.

On the flip side, Jackson seems to be half stepping on the import neck throughs. Folks wanted an alternative to the RR1T. Jackson gave us the RR5......with rosewood and no binding for over a thousand bucks.

People have been crying for a 24 fret neck through RR. Now you have it. Cool as fuck with an ebony board and fins, real Floyd etc......but no binding.

I just can't understand this. It is like running 90 yards for a TD and laying down short of the goal line.

Just my opinion.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• I agree, Stuka. It seems Jackson has a nasty habit of taking a good idea and then sticking a bad idea right in the middle of it.

I loved (and miss) the Jazz'R I had, but two of the previous owners complained that the hard V neck profile aggravated their arthritis, which is why they both sold it. While the neck wasn't that bad for me, what's wrong with a traditional Jackson profile, or even a soft V? The 1990-95 Fusion/Dinky profile would have killed on that model.

And why the baseball bat on the Bent Top SweeTones? It was great other than that.

The SLS model has some sort of wierd-looking hardtail bridge on it. What's wrong with a tunamatic? And Snakeskin on that model? Ick.

The KV2T looks great, but no Floyd option.

And the RR5 - neckthrough with rosewood and no binding. WHay even bother with the fins then? Make it like the old Students and Standard Pros with dots.

While I can see Jackson wanting to compete head-on with ESPee in the single-hum 24 fret RR market, I would think you'd sell more of them if it had a neck pickup. Let the other companies cater to the morons who only have 2 selections on their amp - on and off - when they grow up they'll go looking for a 24 fret RR with 2 hums, and where will they find it?

Oh wait, the Custom Shop.....for $4000.

:ROTF: will be the answer to that.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And the RR5 - neckthrough with rosewood and no binding. WHay even bother with the fins then? Make it like the old Students and Standard Pros with dots.
                      +1, or even no inlays at all.
                      Sharkfins sans binding don't look all that great - and even less so in MOTO.

Comment

While I can see Jackson wanting to compete head-on with ESPee in the single-hum 24 fret RR market, I would think you'd sell more of them if it had a neck pickup. Let the other companies cater to the morons who only have 2 selections on their amp - on and off - when they grow up they'll go looking for a 24 fret RR with 2 hums, and where will they find it?

Oh wait, the Custom Shop.....for $4000.

:ROTF: will be the answer to that.
                        no, a skilled luthier w/ a router.

seriously, the singlehum IS what makes this guitar for me.. well, along with the 24 frets and floyd.. and neck through.

you can add a neck pickup, but you cant take it away without refinishing the guitar.
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

• Originally posted by Davey View Post
                          no, a skilled luthier w/ a router.

seriously, the singlehum IS what makes this guitar for me.. well, along with the 24 frets and floyd.. and neck through.

you can add a neck pickup, but you cant take it away without refinishing the guitar.
                          The one thing I noticed... the guitar with only a bridge pick-up is
                          much easier to clean than a guitar with a bridge and neck PU
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

• Can someone please explain why they added black binding on an ebonyboard in the CSG mockup?

(Try do one yourselves in CFG with and withouth black binding and compare it )

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Johnson View Post
                              Umm....the ESP RV is around $4000 US.

if you want me to be slightly more specific...
                              I was talking about the LTD model, the import. I'v seen it new anywhere from $800 to $1100.
                              "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                              Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                              Dimebag Darrell
                              Chuck Schuldiner
                              Cliff Burton

Comment

• Let the other companies cater to the morons who only have 2 selections on their amp - on and off - when they grow up they'll go looking for a 24 fret RR with 2 hums, and where will they find it?
                                3 selections : on , loud , punishing loudness

Comment

Working...
                                X