• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kahler Tremolos

Floyd here.

Comment

My first soloist (J2865)is a kahler. I have three other guitars with Kahlers. I know hundreds of other Jackson’s were built with Kahlers. Still have mine. Love it; still use it in the studio. Use both a Floyd and Kahler. I think they are both good products and should be included as options on all fine quality USA guitars. Just like they were in the 80's. Might order a new Jackson Kahler CS as an option for myself!!. Talked with Gary Kahler at the NAMM show. Great guy and a great story behind his success. I think he was "shafted" be every Korean-Chinese "manufacturer" (copy khan artist building a knock-off of his product in the 80-90's). He obviously has a demand for his company or he wouldn’t resurrect it. I hope they succeed, and I hope companies like FMIC, BCR, Carvin, Neal Moser, and others will support his comeback.

Hey, when players like King and Mustaine are using Kahlers…………what do you have to lose?

Rock on!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Don`t forget Hannamen bro!! Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Don`t forget Hannamen bro!! Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah Hannamen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would definitely like to own a Kahler'd Soloist.

A pink one, to be specific...

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Kahler.

Especially the fixed bridge models.

I second the floyd nut on trem versions.
              But I'de still buy it if it had the big kahler nut..after the standard nut...I'de just swap out the standard for a graphtech or something.

Right on for the consideration.

You have the support of the reverse headstock army.
              Become our Allie, and give us kahlers and reverse headstocks.

I'll give you 3 guitar orders right off the bat.

Comment

To anyone who is unclear, Jackson DOES currently offer Kahler Pro's on the custom shop guitars for a very reasonable price. I own two CS's finished last year and have a couple more on the way. Both of the ones I have now have chrome pro's. I also own a USA BC Rich with a chrome pro, one of the earliest ones when the Pro was remodeled and streamlined to what it is today. The new ones feel a bit different from the old ones in that they have smoother contours around the edges. I find the original ones very comfortable, but the new ones even more so. They feel more solid to me too. So far, I notice no real differences in performance from new to old. I can't say if the new ones will wear as well as the originals. I have originals from the 80's where the chrome looks brand new to this day. The new ones look very well made so time will only tell. The two new Jacksons I have are equipped with Kahler nuts, but I think they are going to use Floyd nuts on the next one or two. As always, you can request virtually anything on a custom shop Jackson but if a Kahler was used on a regular production model, I would recommend a Floyd nut or else see if Kahler could come up with a better one. I think they're already using Kahlers on at least one or two of the Japanese Stars models.

Scott
                Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

The cam style Kahlers? My only complaints with those were the weird locking nuts & wimpy springs. With upgraded springs and a Floyd-style nut I'd be more inclined to buy the Kahler than the Floyd.

Some of the stud mount Kahlers were pretty cool as well. The 2700 Peavey used on the 1st edition Vandenbergs allowed adjustment of individual string height w/o shimming the saddles *and* side-to-side position/spacing. Of course you normally wouldn't need the latter but I've had a few guitars where I wished I could easily move the strings a mm or two one way or the other.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I agree again, Floyd Nut and Very Good Springs, it pays to do it right the first time. I have found the Pro to work best with good heavy springs. Jack.

Comment

They do have upgraded springs. I usually put the bass trem springs in my guitar bridges.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I love the smoothness of the Kahler flatmounts but they just felt dainty with the stock springs.
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I totally agree, too soft with the stock springs, this is where Kahler goes wrong and it turns some off to them. Jack.

Comment

this will fix it - http://www.kahlerparts.com/Part_Pages/8413.htm
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Sweet!! Thanks bro [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I liked the Khaler's that I've played on a couple Model 6 guitars over the years. Still kicking myself for not buying one of them.

I think if it was a graphic finish I would likely pass on the Khaler & go w/ Floyd. But on a Solid or Transparent finish I'ld take a Khaler, especially with a floyd nut. I never understood why Khaler didnt choose to go w/ the same nut & placement as a Floyd.
                                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                                X