• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kahler Tremolos

H*LL NO! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

sorry...it's floyds or nothing for me too...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I have had several guitars with the Spyder, and have always had good luck with them. Nowadays I would probably go with the Floyd because...well, because its a Floyd!
        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

If I had the money for a new guitar, I just might get a guitar with kahler simply because I don't have one in my (humble) collection.

*as long as the Kahler doesn't look too ugly...*

Comment

I would love to see a production Jackson with a Kahler - Pro or fixed! I ordered 4 of my custom shop orders with Pro's. I think Kahler could make a strong comeback if companies were daring enough to offer the trems on cool guitars and Kahler continues their history of building such high quality hardware. Many people are just unfamiliar with how the trems work and feel while some people still don't know Kahler is back. In particular, a lot of new players could really take to them. People would have to be educated that Floyds and Kahlers are quite different. I still like Floyds for some things, but if given a choice, I'd take Kahler without hesitation.
            Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

never, kahler is butt-ugly and it doesn't feel right

It's Floyd or nothing
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I'd choose the Floyd. It's basically what I know. Except for a few Wilkinsons and a couple of V-trems, Floyds are all I have.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

<font color="aqua">a question for all the Kahler lovers out there, and please be honest. I liked the old Kahlers but all I'm hearing about the new ones is that they lack in quality as compared to the old ones, is this true? Have any of you actually played a guitar with the new Kahlers? If so, what guitar and what type was it?

If the Kahlers become available, I'm sure a lot of us that ordered a custom with one would be a bit pissed off if the quality had changed on these. Did anyone check them out at NAMM?

Thanks for your time... </font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Great question Dave, for what thery cost, they better be as good if not better than the old ones!! I for one, would go with a Kahler Pro Flatmount over a Floyd right now. I love both, but don`t have any guitars with a Pro right now. set up right the Pros are great!! I would not however nuy a Pro with a Kahler style locknut, it would have to a be a Floyd Nut. I have played them both ways and the Kahler locknuts suck!! Bring on the Kahlers. My next CS Jackson will have one if you start carrying them or if the Japanese Pro models get them. Here is a great one to start at, a DK2M with just 1 Hum and a Kahler Pro with black hardware ofcourse, I would be on one like flies on shit [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

please no kahlers!

Comment

Yes. I would probably even pay a small upcharge for it.
                        Floyds are what prevented me from getting into Jacksons after Kahler went under. I finally gave in, but I would rather have the Kahler.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I'm fine with Kahlers or Floyds. Just no Wonderbars.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          LOL I would prefer the Washburn Wonderbar over the Kahler. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Floyd, yes. Kahler, never.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeup! Floyds are a pita sometimes, but I would not own another kahler equipped guitar.

Comment

I'd take a Kahler over a Floyd. And I do like Floyds too...
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

A Kahler equipped Jackson would be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X