No announcement yet.

Kahler Tremolos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've become a big fan of the string through hardtail, but for my trem needs, it's got to be an original Edge.

Comment

• Hello all, I'm new here, as I am also a relatively new Jackson owner as well.

For me it is definatley a Kahler, I've had a Les Paul Deluxe factory fitted with one, and my newly acquired '84 Rhoads student has one as well. Floyds are OK, but I prefer the feel of the Kahler. The Edge is one of the nicest Floyd-types, tho.
      Last edited by captain tightpants; 04-28-2007, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• I have fixed Kahler on my KV Pro but maybe replacing it with Kahler 2300 tremolo. Kahler action is just "smoother" than Floyd Rose.

Comment

• My preference is the OFR. I do prefer the Kahler to alot of the lesser floyd bridges especially in the late 80's model guitars. Esp with the previously mentioned floyd nut and stiffy spring.
          ///MK
          http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

• The ESP Sinclair trem functions ok but not as smooth as a floyd.Every ESP I've had with the Sinclair I had to use old springs to get a good feel out of the trem.There is a big difference in the sustain blocks used on the Sinclairs if you get one with the big block they are pretty good tone wise.I had a M.Wilton model ESP and it had the big sustain block.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

• Yes with a Kahler !

Comment

• kahlers are good because unlike floyds they are not limited to being set up for a narrow tuning range, whereas floyds u can only really set up for one with a few minor adjustments. kahlers are also smoother to use, floyds can be alittle too responsive for certain things, and i've laways found kahlered guitars to have a fatter less brittle tone than floyded ones

Comment

• anyone know if there is any chance that the 3310 will ever be offered again? Or at least have the 3300 in a black color instead of the bright chrome? The bright chrome just ruins it for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X