Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel prices options

[ QUOTE ]
    I just kinda skimmed through this thread, but I just had a thought. Even though I will not have the funds for this, it's just an idea for others. Would be it cheaper to do a limited run as we normally do on these boards of a USA Charvel with the strathead option, or would it just be the same as if 10 people ordered 10 guitars normally (price wise)? Hint hint fellas, if it's cheaper, and you can agree on specs, go for it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irf -

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I recall there are no price advantages on LTD runs, it is the same as yuo would order it by yourself. The only thing you get is a "special" ser number and a binder. Very slight fringe benefits to order a guitar that other ten guys had their hands into.

Sometimes the "right" spec comes together (insert Greenie run) and in my case the HRF PC1 and it makes worthwhile. Otherwise you are compromising on something you wanted because someone else did not want it in.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

You get a binder with all CS orders now....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Eventually.....Still waiting for our Binders on the Solars LTD's. LOL

[ QUOTE ]
        You get a binder with all CS orders now....

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Why are they charging obscene amounts for a strathead when FMIC owns Charvel? You can buy a whole substandard guitar from Fender for the up-charge asked for a strathead. A licensed neck from an aftermarket supplier does not carry the $300 upcharge, (though I understand that there is a package price for a licensing agreement). They have no real supply and demand figures to command these prices, do they? In addition, intellectual property vs. a trademark licensing agreement is another issue, is it not? Would someone kindly provide some clarification?

What price be them bananas in market today?

Comment

It's the same thing as paying an extra half or thge price for the Japaneese CD just to get a couple of subpar studio or live outtakes as a bonus [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Because I don't say it
            Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Why are they charging obscene amounts for a strathead when FMIC owns Charvel? You can buy a whole substandard guitar from Fender for the up-charge asked for a strathead. A licensed neck from an aftermarket supplier does not carry the $300 upcharge, (though I understand that there is a package price for a licensing agreement). They have no real supply and demand figures to command these prices, do they? In addition, intellectual property vs. a trademark licensing agreement is another issue, is it not? Would someone kindly provide some clarification?

What price be them bananas in market today?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no logical explanation except FMIC increasing he profit margin and botton line.
              Look at others threads, there is a bunch of people flocking (on this forum alone) towards dealers for CS quotes on SHs. They knew after market research and some marketing dude is getting a good 'ol boy plaque in his office.
              IMHO $300 is not a big deal on a CS piece, $600 on the STD is a but steep.

But I have said it before, FMIC is herding everyone towards a Charvel line that is very strong on the CS.
              There is something has been thought out and well planned, just watch.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

The licensed Fender(R) headstock is only available on Custom Shop Charvel guitars. It is a $300.00 upcharge (list price).

Oh...uh... I didn't get a "good 'ol boy" plaque on my wall. Should I ask for one??? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X