Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel prices options

[ QUOTE ]
    The $600 isn't on the price list, it's info from Matt. They've offered graphics on Standards on all he recent price lists, but any custom finish costs $200 more on a Standard than a Custom, that's why there's 2 different price list for finish options. For instance a HRF finish on a Standard will cost you $500 on a Custom it's $300, the Vintage Eldred Flame, $700 on a Standard $500 on a Custom, Etc...

Once again, The $600 vs. $300 for the Stratheads makes anything other than one of the 4 basic finishes the same price - Custom or Standard

[/ QUOTE ]

When you really think about it, that´s the way J/C always was back in "the day"... every axe was a CS piece. and when you look at how the work is done, it´s really still that way, just a few "standard" setups being produced on the side for hanging on walls at stores, which DIDN`T happen back in "the day"... At least that´s the way I see it...

Comment

I haven't seen the price sheets yet but here's how it was explained to me.

If you want one of the San Dimas Standards, in a plain finish (red, blue, black or white) and want a SH on it... add $600.00 to the base price. If you want this same guitar (eg: no pickup, wood, hardware, or routing changes) with one of the custom shop finishes on it, take the base price, add $600.00 for the SH and add the graphic price.

If you want total control over every single aspect of your guitar (finish, woods, scale/width dimensions, electronics, hardware etc...), take the custom shop base price, add $300.00 for the SH and then add the price of your options.

Now, there used to be a $200.00 upcharge built in to the price of all the special finishes other than solid colors on the San Dimas Standards. I think this was in place because although the basic guitar was a standard production piece, they kinda treated it as a custom shop piece due to the finish. I'll have to find out if this "custom shop upcharge" is still in place for standard guitars with special graphics, if the guitar is getting a SH. The reason I say this is the $600.00 SH upcharge was explained to me as being in place because the guitar is being treated as a custom shop piece.

Make sense? Probably not... I've been on a plane all day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Regardless, I'll find out about this.
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Ok I am confused (not rare) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] does the same company own both Fender and Charvel/Jackson.And if so do they hold the rights to the strat HS.And if so are they then charging themselves a lic fee and then passing it on to the customer.
        I have no idea if this is the case so can someone explain this [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

FMIC is the parent co of JCMI. In business a lot of times even tho both are owned by the same people you pay to use the other divisions intellectual property. This is what you see with the headstock design ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Either way, IMO, Charvel isn't gonna have any major concerns selling or moving the SH standards or CS order with a SH.
            This isn't a risky bold move like many interpret.

Only potential set back I foresee would be their CS not getting out the orders and delivered on time and causing them to fall behind, way behind. This would possible end up being very bad for sales. This is really the only potential problem I would see happening. Other the that, theres clearly a market demand for the SH thats for sure.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Define on time delivery for the custom shop!
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The $600 isn't on the price list, it's info from Matt. They've offered graphics on Standards on all he recent price lists, but any custom finish costs $200 more on a Standard than a Custom, that's why there's 2 different price list for finish options. For instance a HRF finish on a Standard will cost you $500 on a Custom it's $300, the Vintage Eldred Flame, $700 on a Standard $500 on a Custom, Etc...

Once again, The $600 vs. $300 for the Stratheads makes anything other than one of the 4 basic finishes the same price - Custom or Standard

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, there's virtually no difference between CS and US "regular production" for Jackson/Charvel, it's more or less same people and same tools. The basic upcharge for CS covers price difference for graphic upcharge. As it was calculated above "heavily optioned" Standard is almost equal in price for similar specs CS. And I believe that real price will not differ at all. S
                Because I don't say it
                Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Thank you kev for the info.Now as far as that goes it seems maybe we have just become accustomed to companies turning the screws on us.I mean if the same company owns it all why the up charge....and not a small up charge mind you that is a pretty sizeable one.I mean in comparison if Mc Donalds absorbed Wendy's and then said you can get a Big Mac at Wendy's but it will cost 2 dollars more for a lic fee would we go for that.At this point I am not sure we would not. As I said I am really not good with all this stuff so I could be completely off base and if so I am sorry.But if all this is true and the answer is "well all companies do it" or "well it has gone on forever" then wow I think we have been duped into a sense of complacency that I am just waking up to.Again I do not know much about it so if this is not the case just tell me what is up....or walk by me shaking your head like I am a crazy person [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I get that alot.

Comment

Let's admit Charvel is 100% nostalgia brand now, and strathead nowadays is 100% nostalgia option. It doesn't add any value to tone or playability... I wouldn't call an extra upcharge for something that unnecessary rip-off.

I also think that Fender are not keen to do stratheads on anything but Fender guitars - and there's a serious marketing reason behind it.
                    Because I don't say it
                    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

well said!

[ QUOTE ]
                      Let's admit Charvel is 100% nostalgia brand now, and strathead nowadays is 100% nostalgia option. It doesn't add any value to tone or playability... I wouldn't call an extra upcharge for something that unnecessary rip-off.

I also think that Fender are not keen to do stratheads on anything but Fender guitars - and there's a serious marketing reason behind it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Geez, that kid is persistent. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I for one am glad that there is at least one company out there that still sells high quality made in USA Stratheads for under a grand street price. Heck, those even have the correct logo on 'em [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I just kinda skimmed through this thread, but I just had a thought. Even though I will not have the funds for this, it's just an idea for others. Would be it cheaper to do a limited run as we normally do on these boards of a USA Charvel with the strathead option, or would it just be the same as if 10 people ordered 10 guitars normally (price wise)? Hint hint fellas, if it's cheaper, and you can agree on specs, go for it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irf -

Comment

Is it me, or is there no mention of an upcharge for Stratheads on the San Dimas std pages [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]..... From that price list, I'd say stratheads were CS only.
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I don't see it. I just printed out the price list as well. Looking at my next custom shop order.
                                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X