New Pricelists are Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Pricelists are Out

We've waited - what? - three years for this? ...Four? Technically speaking, I've waited about TWENTY YEARS, as this was not even possible until FMIC bought Charvel!

Steep or no, I will gladly pay the $300 upcharge. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Thank you Jackson / Charvel for delivering on this. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I anxiously - but patiently [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - await my new guitars.

Maybe the upcharge will get more reasonable at some point in the future. Or maybe not. Those of you who aren't willing to pony up will have to wait a while longer. If ever. I'm not. There's way more important things in life to get upset over than $300 freakin' (list price) dollars.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

pat, i am humbled at your genius. that's fuckin' great.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It's just basic economics - supply and demand. It has nothing to do with cost or other license fees. If the right number of us buy them with the current up-charge, they chose the correct price point. If only a few do, they will lower the price; if they can't keep up with the demand, they'll raise the price; eventually, they hit that magical point where the supply curve intersects the demand curve. Like it or not, it has nothing to do with loyalty or trying to piss anyone off. Just economics. So says EVHwannabe, junior economist.
        [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

I think EVHwannabe has got it. Thats reasonable and acceptable from a business standpoint, I work in retail after all. However in this case I am a customer so I still don't like it. What can ya do. And Shredder that picture is fucking classic [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Though 225 bucks might not be much to you but it could be a dealbreaker for someone else. It all depends on the overall price of the guitar for me. So I'll have to see when that time comes. Thats a while though, plenty of time for that price to drop if that happens.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

It all depends on the overall price of the guitar for me. So I'll have to see when that time comes. Thats a while though, plenty of time for that price to drop if that happens.

[/ QUOTE ]
            this is true and is ultimately the wisdom I will aspire to. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I totally agree with EVHwannabe, economics is at play here. well said. Jack.

Comment

I don't mind paying the $300 for the headstock, (and $75 for the one piece with skunk stripe, [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]), but needing to go Custom Shop for a solid color with a strathead is wrong! When Bob or Paco are building that guitar, they should be able to figure out which headstock to build without needing the CS upcharge to figure it out... Just saying... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

My opinion is that the upcharge should be more than the $60-$75 that it costs for a reverse headstock (again because of liscensing).
                  1. Now if you just look @ the price ($300) for a headstock, yeah that seems excessive, but put it in perspective of the cost of the whole guitar it doesnt seem so bad:
                  with no upcharge:
                  $3000 * 80% = $2400 street price (estimate)
                  with upcharge:
                  $3300 * 80% = $2640 street price (estimate)

2. Now lets buy the $3000 ($2400) & then buy after market Warmoth neck ($180) = $2580 difference of $80. Now if you want to go thru that hassel to save $80 on a custom guitar. More power to you, but I think your crazy.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

bloody ell! prices have come DOWN. wonder what my uk retailer will try to charge. humpfh!
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      1. Now if you just look @ the price ($300) for a headstock, yeah that seems excessive, but put it in perspective of the cost of the whole guitar it doesnt seem so bad:
                      with no upcharge:
                      $3000 * 80% = $2400 street price (estimate)
                      with upcharge:
                      $3300 * 80% = $2640 street price (estimate)

2. Now lets buy the $3000 ($2400) & then buy after market Warmoth neck ($180) = $2580 difference of $80. Now if you want to go thru that hassel to save $80 on a custom guitar. More power to you, but I think your crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      yeah that's again a different look at it than I took, and I agree, on the whole it's not a huge % increase, but just seeing that charge on the page is kinda harsh. especially the $600 one for the San Dimas. LOL
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        This would be valid if you could just get a charvel body. But you can't so what, you waste the neck? You can't do that comparison. To do the right comparison you have to subtract out the price of the neck. Unrealistic? Of course but thats the point. You can't make this comparison.

Comment

exactly, someone had made the comparison of getting the guitar & an aftermarket warmoth neck to avoid the $300 upcharge. It doesnt work out, because you would have to buy a complete charvel & the Warmoth neck as well. Of course you could unload the Charvel neck to recoup some of the upcharge, but again considering the hassel & the minimal difference in price of guitar w/ SH & w/out, why bother.

But my bigger point was that in context of the whole guitar, $2600 for a custom guitar isn't ridiculous (even with the upcharge) And my belief is, that if you can afford a $2400 guitar, I'm quite sure a $2600 guitar isn't out of reach.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

It depends, Hamner. When I got my custom I set a limit. As it was I went 130 bucks over that limit. There was maybe one other option I would have liked to have done but it would have cost another 60 bucks. I just couldn't add anymore on, as it was I was a little over budget. So I think you underestimate the importance of a couple hundred bucks.

Comment

1. Thank you JCMI and FMIC

2. Either buy one or don´t... if we don´t, they´ll know they made a mistake, if we do they´ll know they did something right.

Or do you guys all have people behind you holding nines to your temple, forcing you to buy right now, and are therefore complaining because you won´t eat for a month? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Or do you guys all have people behind you holding nines to your temple,

[/ QUOTE ]
                                Thank you Vanilla Ice [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X