New Pricelists are Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Pricelists are Out

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally found a guitar that I absolutely love and it looks like they stop making it. I can't find the US Select SLS in the pricelist. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow,the X-series will be made in Japan now,nice to see the low end models will be getting a much needed quality boost.

Comment

All the JS become Indians though... Weren't the Dinkies of the JS30 series Japanese before?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          you can get a mexican strat with the strat headstock for that amount, and that shows that this is just price gouging by FMIC/JCMI. Licensing my ass, they bought the company, and this is just the latest stick it to the customer move, that need not happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your comparing a mexican built guitar to an american built guitar and you think they will be the same?

we have also discussed this before.. just because fmic is the parent co doesn't mean jcmi gets their stuff for free they have to pay the other division for it.. Same rings true where I work ,..we have several different divisions and even tho we all contribute to the bottom line we still have to purchase the products and such from them for use. We are all treated as seperate businesses even within the same building

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds nice but you can buy a warmoth strat head neck for less than $300. BTW, if I'm reading it right that is for a Custom shop guitar, I thought Matt said it is a $600 upcharge for a stock guitar.

USA made
          Custom spec'd for small increase
          ****Licened by Fender****

Yeah I would say price gouging is a little harsh ( for $300, but correct for $600 )but still they are sticking it to their loyal customers.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Your comparing a mexican built guitar to an american built guitar and you think they will be the same?

[/ QUOTE ]
            no Kevin, you are missing the point I was making. the point is that there is no reason for such a huge upcharge for a strathead over a regular Charvel neck/headstock. no reason at all. other than to line their pockets at the expense of their very loyal customer base, whom they know very well has been clamoring for such an option.

I love the guitars, but this dampens my enthusiasm a bit, and I can't just go along with the "wow stratheads, I'll order one at any price" when they are clearly ripping off the customer, at least on this one aspect.

[ QUOTE ]
            we have also discussed this before.. just because fmic is the parent co doesn't mean jcmi gets their stuff for free they have to pay the other division for it.. Same rings true where I work ,..we have several different divisions and even tho we all contribute to the bottom line we still have to purchase the products and such from them for use. We are all treated as seperate businesses even within the same building

[/ QUOTE ]
            as I said in my post, I'm not arguing against a reasonable upcharge for the strathead option on Charvel guitars, but there is no way the licensing fee is $300 per neck. and we all know it.

as is noted here by somebody else, Warmoth pays that licensing fee and their necks can be had for $180 or so. and that is not an upcharge, that's the whole neck. with a Charvel, it comes with a neck included, so the $300 for the strathead is just for them to change the shape of the head to that shape. they should be embarrassed to add such an unwarranted large upcharge. because it's transparent as hell what they are doing.
            [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Those guys at Fender got to make their mortgage payments as well. right?
              $300 for a custom is not bad.
              $600 for the standard line is harsh. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you guys sure are easy customers!
                so paying $300 for a company to change the shape of an item is OK with you? not for the item itself, mind you, that cost is included in the main price, but just to change the shape of it?
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Skorb, I'm with you there +$300 is outrageous. Hell for $300 you can get almost 2 Warmoth necks which would probably be a bit nicer than the one you get with the Charvel.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    you guys sure are easy customers!
                    so paying $300 for a company to change the shape of an item is OK with you? not for the item itself, mind you, that cost is included in the main price, but just to change the shape of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could maybe see paying 300 LIST for different headstock if that is what I really wanted. It would give you something a little more unique. But $660 is more like a PRS upcharge [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Skorb, I'm with you there +$300 is outrageous. Hell for $300 you can get almost 2 Warmoth necks which would probably be a bit nicer than the one you get with the Charvel.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree. Seems much but then again there are those who've been waiting for this so as long as there is a market for it Fender will be more than willing to oblige. I'm not bad-mouthing Fender. It's just business you see.
                      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

those upcharges ARE list. just sayin.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wonder how they came to that price and if demand may lower it?

Comment

Sully all upcharges on the pricesheet are list. So you think the strat upcharge should be the same as a 3/4 quilt cap?

I had said in another topic that 120 or so would be acceptable to me as an upcharge. I don't think 300 is. I'm sorry but Warmoth, USA CG and Musikraft all have licensing deals and they don't have such crazy pricing. Maybe John has a legit explanation for the large price bump. I'm not saying I won't be getting a charvel the fact that they allowed it as an option is nice for the people who want to spend the big bucks. But I think I'll be going with a pointy for mine which is a bit of a pity. I had two different spec plans one for a true San Dimas Reissue custom. The other for a flame koa pointy. But the Reissue would end up being quite a bit more, so I think the one I'd go with at least as of now would be the flame koa. But its a while away, hopefully Charvel lowers the upcharge a bit. Even taking 35% off the upcharge its still 225.

I think they will see an increase in custom orders but not as much if the upcharge had been under $150.

Comment

Fender becomes the new Microsoft.

Your "neck key" doesn't match the body..
                              Please activate your neck

I'm just screwing around, but again I think 300 is too much for a headstock(not even a whole neck). $120 tops should be in some kind of freaky way ok.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah just buy the warmoth neck and get a charvel label off ebay and call it good. that upcharge is rediculous how i see it but it's just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X