Summer NAMM is around the corner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
    Hey FMIC! Case in point. Notice that neither of this gentleman's purchase were new purchases? Notice how the sentiment could effect a prospective buyer to just buy used after this read?
    Make us all wrong please.
    And the three purchases before that have been JacksonStars, two of them imported from the other side of the world. Can't get a 24fret Rhoads with two humbuckers any other way... especially not with a string-thru bridge. I'm glad the Japanese have great taste in guitars.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
      Im kind of curious, and I haven't been able to find any real answers, but does anyone know the real reason that so many players left jackson to be endorsed by esp after the buyout? Was fmic just not interested in them?
      I would like to know this as well. :dunno:

Comment

believe the general consensus is that ESP could offer money in addition to the guitars.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here are some pic & vid threads at HC:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...mmer-NAMM-2011

If you're into ukeleles, then Summer NAMM '11 was for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
            Im kind of curious, and I haven't been able to find any real answers, but does anyone know the real reason that so many players left jackson to be endorsed by esp after the buyout? Was fmic just not interested in them?
            Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            believe the general consensus is that ESP could offer money in addition to the guitars.
            Well along with this, I'm pretty sure things changed for endorsers/signature artists with hoe many guitars they actually got, like how Dave says he went from 9 free guitars a year to like 3 or 5. Or maybe it was 5 to 2. I don't remember, but it's something along the lines of this.

Comment

Ah yes, I was gonna mention that too. If you believe Mustaine, he went from 11 to 1 (!) per year.

Comment

Why would you need 11 guitars per year anyway? In five years time you would have 55 guitars. That's a lot of storage issues. ;-)
                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpeLQAxMIKQ

Comment

Well, it is a "flying" V. Damn, the second one looks like it hit mach 3. Wonder what pissed him of in the second one.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I would think that if he wanted 15 guitars per year it would still be worth the money invested.

And when you lose that many players all at once, it looks really bad. Now, almost 10 years later, they still don't have as many as they lost.

But once we all hit it big and whatnot, we'll be the saving grace. :P
                      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

This year's Summer NAMM was not much in the way of guitars. But if you wanted accessories, it was loaded.
                        Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Jackson/Charvel ARE making a change. It appears that they are making necessary changes to survive the economy. The new Charvels look great and the teaser that Jackson put out is just more likely to grab come attention. Just hope the website is updated. And some production Broderick guitars would go a long way towards building them back up.
                          They needed A Korean or Chinese line to fill in the blanks. Lets see what announcements come for the Japanese line.
                          Fingers crossed.
                          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
                            Jackson/Charvel ARE making a change. It appears that they are making necessary changes to survive the economy. The new Charvels look great and the teaser that Jackson put out is just more likely to grab come attention. Just hope the website is updated. And some production Broderick guitars would go a long way towards building them back up.
                            They needed A Korean or Chinese line to fill in the blanks. Lets see what announcements come for the Japanese line.
                            Fingers crossed.
                            And hopefully the USA Line as well.

although some nice Pro Series Broderick Models will be a must buy

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Interesting... Musicians really are just whores with an ear for pitch.

Comment

I have no idea what they might do with the USA Selects. They could add a Dinky reverse, Soloist reverse, Mahogany model variations for the KV, RR, KE, WR models like the Jackson Stars line up has. A million ways to go right there.
                                An exotic wood wild card would be great.
                                And a Pro Broderick would FLY out of the stores also, as long as they offered a Non trem model also.
                                After seeing the models in the video, I would not be suprised to see that JCMI/FMIC has actually been listening. But they want to drop the curtain on a whole new plan all at once. I want to be blindsided with some startling new news of a completley revamped website with accurate specs and updated models and pics that accuratley depict the actual production instruments.
                                New ones at that would be great. They could drop the MG line and start a whole thing with the Pirahna inlays with Maple board options and pick up options. How many DK2 variations are there? How many Strat variations does Fender make?
                                Lets face it. They have more options that would break J/C out of the funk it has been in for to long.
                                The only problem I see is the old guard that will scream about origins and comparison's to companies that ripped J/C off for years.
                                I still don't get that at all. An M-II is a copy of a soloist and dinky. Its not the original. Thats like saying Fender is not being original for making 100 different Tele's that look so much like knock off brands variations. Fender can't make knock offs when they are the originators. Just like J/C can't copy Shcecter C-1's, because they are copies of the 750XL and Archtop models with a different headstock. LTD Horizons and MH and M bodies? Again J/C has done these from way back. Its amazing how so many LTD's and ESP signature guitars look just like Model Series guitars.
                                All I'm saying is. Don't slam J/C for making originals. Its the other guys that are making knock offs.
                                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                                A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Working...
                                X