• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer NAMM is around the corner...

Any rumors of upcoming cool gear??? :think:
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

by looking at the jackson catalogue i cant wait to see the finishes on chris brodericks guitars

Comment

I would love to hear some crazy rumors about some:
      -Fantastic new finishes,
      -Hardware innovations,
      -Binding,
      -A shortscale,
      -A maple dinky reverse,
      -A series of soloist with reverse headstock models and TOM string thru models.
      -Direct mount pick ups on a few models wouldn't hurt either.
      -And maybe Gotoh Floyds so we can use D-Tuna's without an entire bridge change.

But those things would be crazy rumors.
      Right?

Lets have a crazy NAMM surprise. Please.
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Boy did I kill this thread, or what? But it sure is bumping on the USA side.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
          Boy did I kill this thread, or what? But it sure is bumping on the USA side.
          No you didn't kill it... It's even worst, I created it!
          JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
            No you didn't kill it... It's even worst, I created it!
            Wow. Do I feel better now. LOL.

Now think about it. We are at the week of summer NAMM. And noone really seems to care.
            Economy sucks, yes.
            But is it maybe that Jackson has just so underwhelmed for the last decade, that Nobody really expects any serious effort from Jackson or Charvel?
            The talk of a production Brodrick is just that, Talk right now.
            Washington and state governments have worn us all out on the spinning suspence. FMIC may want to consider the possibility of not mirroring their tactics, evn if by accident.
            Plus very little has seen it to japanese production and made it to the US marketplace. Jackson Stars have some really unique models ,that have come and gone and some that are still in their line up, that were requested here on jcfonline and the states. But still are not in the USA marketplace. That sends a pretty clear signal to this side of the ponds customers. Even if its not what they intended.
            So lets wait and see what happens at the Thursday opening of Summer NAMM.

Usually when it looks hopeless, things change in the blink of an eye. I have hope it will.

Comment

Amd you forgot that Charvel has gone very quiet since last winter...
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

Maybe they are fixing to wow us. Its quiet. So its a great time to make a huge splash. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
                  Maybe they are fixing to wow us. Its quiet. So its a great time to make a huge splash. Fingers crossed.
                  Well said. Would be cool
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

Wow. NAMM is open today. And no build up of excitement? I know the dollar and everythink is fixing to tank, but lets blow this bi%ch out and enjoy whats left. LOL
                    But really. No one cares what may come from the show with all the goodies?

Comment

^ I was wondering about that myself, is Jackson participating this time around?
                      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

I have no idea now. If that were the case, then they have given up. You KNOW Ibanez and ESP won't miss a NAMM show. Neither would Schecter. I think they are just holding back coverage to spring the news themselves. Otherwise they need to hire new marketing and media/artist staff. Which I would be more then glad to step up and do. LOL

Comment

It just started guys. Stuff might not be announced right away.
                          2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                          Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Every NAMM before has had a build up of post in anticipation.
                            Every year one of the sponsoring JCF stores promises pics and set up a thread ahead of time with links.
                            Plus members only teasers.
                            Add to that the traditional call for what JCF members are going to be there, so they can meet. That usually includes talks of shirts or badges to identify each other with.
                            Take a look around.
                            I have not seen ONE of those things taking place. (Besides this one)
                            The sky ain't falling. But when the forrest gets really quiet, you pay very close attention and see what is not right.
                            As a platinum member. And a member since forever, I am entitled to my apprehension.
                            But I am hoping its just a fluke and everything will spill in tonight.

Comment

I just took a look at the Exhibitors' list at the NAMM site, and Gibson is the only large guitar manufacturer I saw. No Fender or JCMI on the list. Here's the link to the Excel file:

http://www.namm.org/files/showdir/Ex...rList_SS11.xls

Comment

Working...
                              X