Charvel Rising Sun Graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moku View Post
    i can never understand why designers don't spend a little time researching the meaning of the kanji before they put'em on the guitars. it says "yume ichiban," which is simply strange for native japanese ppl. :think: yume = dream; ichiban = no. 1. so it could mean "dreams come true," "dream is no. 1," or dream is my priority." what the hell?! it's just stupid.
    it's a an american wearing a t-shirt with english words on it except the words don't mean anything.

Like this?

Though, When I'm hard I'm usually smiling also.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
      Like this?

Though, When I'm hard I'm usually smiling also.
      That site is chock-full of win.

:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by moku View Post
        i can never understand why designers don't spend a little time researching the meaning of the kanji before they put'em on the guitars. it says "yume ichiban," which is simply strange for native japanese ppl. :think: yume = dream; ichiban = no. 1. so it could mean "dreams come true," "dream is no. 1," or dream is my priority." what the hell?! it's just stupid.
        it's a an american wearing a t-shirt with english words on it except the words don't mean anything.

It was a Japanese person that did the Kanji for our graphic.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          That site is chock-full of win.
          I made a submission to that site a few years ago...

http://www.engrish.com/2007/04/no-crack/
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I snapped this in a French supermarket a few years ago:

I wonder who their target market is?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              Come on! Japanese Rising suns MUST be in Red/black! Its a rule..:-))
              + 1

Colorblindess?

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              ha ha it IS gold leaf, I read it in one of Bionic's posts.
              ...and I wouldn't exactly take that to the bank. It may be true, but I'd want a more reliable source, like whoever actually painted it.

It's a beautiful paint job and if someone I wants it then by all means go for it.
              Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 01-31-2010, 01:25 AM.
              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
              X