Charvel Rising Sun Graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Rising Sun Graphic

Hi all. newbie here. Been lurking and learning for a while. I'v got serious GAS for one of the NAMM Charvels...the green and white rising sun.

Does anyone know which dealer got this one?

Thanks

Custom Metal maybe? I'd be happy to re-order the exact same thing for you. Get in touch if you're interested.
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

yeah and ordering it will be way way less expensive than buying that one that hung there at NAMM, gotta know that
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        yeah and ordering it will be way way less expensive than buying that one that hung there at NAMM, gotta know that
        ??? I imagine it will be the same price.

Comment

Did Dan Lawrence paint these?

Comment

Come on! Japanese Rising suns MUST be in Red/black! Its a rule..:-))

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
              ??? I imagine it will be the same price.
              how so?

from what I've seen here and from the past year's comments, the NAMM guitars all go for ridiculous markups just because they were specially made for the show, like 5K - 7K from what I recall.

isn't a custom order about $2400?

btw I was born in Champaign.

Comment

how so? from what I've seen here and from the past year's comments, the NAMM guitars all go for ridiculous markups just because they were specially made for the show, like 5K - 7K from what I recall.
                Some NAMM guitars are designed to be over-the-top so they're eye catching and showcase what the manufacturer is capable off. The guitar in question, IMHO, is a pretty standard build and basic graphic unless the gold in the kanji is gold leaf and not just gold paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                  Some NAMM guitars are designed to be over-the-top so they're eye catching and showcase what the manufacturer is capable off. The guitar in question, IMHO, is a pretty standard build and basic graphic unless the gold in the kanji is gold leaf and not just gold paint.
                  ha ha it IS gold leaf, I read it in one of Bionic's posts.

but I guess I see your point, would like to see actual proof though. I bet they are still marked up beyond any reasonability.

Comment

ha ha it IS gold leaf, I read it in one of Bionic's posts.
                    Then it would only be more expensive than the same guitar without gold leaf.

but I guess I see your point, would like to see actual proof though. I bet they are still marked up beyond any reasonability.
                    Any price that is put on a guitar that is displayed at NAMM is list price which is almost always higher than the retail price. If a guitar can be purchased outside of NAMM then it will be the same price regardless.

Comment

i can never understand why designers don't spend a little time researching the meaning of the kanji before they put'em on the guitars. it says "yume ichiban," which is simply strange for native japanese ppl. :think: yume = dream; ichiban = no. 1. so it could mean "dreams come true," "dream is no. 1," or dream is my priority." what the hell?! it's just stupid.
                      it's a an american wearing a t-shirt with english words on it except the words don't mean anything.

Comment

I contacted the dealer that has the guitar in question. The price was not any higher than I would have expected...somewhere around $3K.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I think the graphic would look a hell of a lot better if the Circle part of the rising sun wasn't right behind the bridge, it needs to be lower.

I also agree these type of graphics need to be done in Red White and Black
                          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Probably already been posted somewhere, but is that fret board ebony?

Nice guitar!
                            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                              Did Dan Lawrence paint these?

Yes Dan Lawrence painted this one and the other two rising sun ones also. Beautiful in person let me tell you!

Comment

Working...
                              X