cracked mirror models and pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    Thanks Axewielder. Tommi across the big pond has its twin except his has regular sharkies. Haven't seen him around here lately, perhaps this thread will bring him out to post his

JEEEEZ Roody, is there any 'show your...' thread you don't get to be in????
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
      JEEEEZ Roody, is there any 'show your...' thread you don't get to be in????
      There is no such thing as too many Jacksons!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Medisinyl View Post
        Not cracked mirror by any means, but the inspiration to do it came from a cracked mirror I saw on eBay that had all nickel and chrome hardware making it all blend into the mirror body. The pup covers were treated with acid, though I was concerned about fiddling with the chrome pieces or any moving parts, so they stayed chrome. Most people here have already seen this as well (the trans black WR1 the hardware came from is currently on eBay with all black hardware and EMGs).

I remember when you first posted this guitar with the upgrades you did. It looks great! Jackson should offer the bolted steel graphic with your upgrades as standard on it! They compliment it nicely in keeping with the theme
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Mine's been posted before but here you go again. It also has mirror sharkies for inlays.

***** Rudy, that is the greatest axe of all time! Mirrored Sharky's??
          Outstanding !!!! THe headstock?? One of the 3 greatest of ALL
          TIME!!!! ( jeez..i sound like Ali...but im humbled in your presence~! :-))

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            ***** Rudy, that is the greatest axe of all time! Mirrored Sharky's??
            Outstanding !!!! THe headstock?? One of the 3 greatest of ALL
            TIME!!!! ( jeez..i sound like Ali...but im humbled in your presence~! :-))
            Float like a Floyd, Sting like a Jackson. Or something like that he used to say
            Thank You Robert.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

here is my retopped Kelly with real cracked mirror pieces

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Awesome guitar! Love the kelly shape...seeing a cracked mirror on it makes it that much more metal!

Comment

Mine's been posted before but here you go again. It also has mirror sharkies for inlays.
                  Overall, that's a really nice looking guitar. Having the inlays and headstock match the body really helps to pull them together with the body but for the logo, I think it would have looked better in black. That would have tied it into the fingerboard, hardware and pickups plus it would have made it more legible.

Comment

Matt_B, I can see your point about the black logo going better with the pickups and showing up better against the bright background but I think the way it is now is more in keeping with the over the top theme of the guitar.
                    And Trace, that Kelly looks great. Real mirror? Wow They did a great job bringing the glass up along the edge short of the bevels. You almost don't realize that its a beveled edge and not a flat top.
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their pictures so far! Anyone feel free to post links to some cracked mirror guitars that they have seen in the past (even if you're not the owner!). Everyone's posts have been awesome...I can't help but drool over all of those killer guitars!

Rudy, does your cracked mirror rhoads have an abalone jackson logo? Or is that mother of pearl?
                      Last edited by DC_rhoads82; 03-03-2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I used to own a cracked mirror Kelly and can't find any pictures of it. I think I might have some at home.

Guitar Asylum has a King Kelly in cracked mirror. This is very close to mine....mirror inlays, reverse headstock. Here's the link to their pics:

http://www.guitarasylum.com/productp...crckmirror.htm

Comment

re

Heres a video off dave playing his one 98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywG8GwtVtvA

Hey mitch that guitar is insanly brilliant.

Comment

Thanks for the vid of Dave playing his! Wicked!

Comment

Originally posted by ze29de View Post
                              Heres a video off dave playing his one 98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywG8GwtVtvA

Hey mitch that guitar is insanly brilliant.
                              WOW!
                              Thanx for the link dude.
                              This was the guitar which got me into Jacksons at a Megadeth show in '97.

And today I'm gonna see them again here in Stuttgart with Testament and Judas Priest! Sadly today I will see a damn Dean!

cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X