Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked mirror models and pictures?

Hey guys,
    Over the years I have steadily searched out the various cracked mirror customs that have been made for folks as I just love the finishes. I know some of you folks have a couple of cracked mirror models like the rhoads, KV, kelly and soloist. I was wondering if anyone that has any of these models with this finish could post some pictures up of these beautiful guitars (particularly if anyone happened to have any pictures of the cracked mirror KE2 that was posted a while ago or any cracked mirror soloists since most of the pictures in the old threads have been deleted).

Thanks so much!!!

Here we go:

Comment

Is that yours, Mitch? She's beautiful!!! How old is that one?

Comment

I still waiting for the first badass who can figure out how to do cracked mirror on an archtop!!!

Comment

Wow, that thing is killer!

Comment

Originally posted by axewielder View Post
            i still waiting for the first badass who can figure out how to do cracked mirror on an archtop!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              I still waiting for the first badass who can figure out how to do cracked mirror on an archtop!!!
              And I'm waiting for the badass who can play it :ROTF:

Comment

I might fill out a spec form tomorrow for an Archtop Soloist with a crack mirror finish just to see if the dealer I submit to notices, and if they don't then I wanna see what the CS says.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
                  Is that yours, Mitch? She's beautiful!!! How old is that one?
                  Thanks buddy

Yes, I got her a few months ago. John here helped me finding her.
                  Made in '98.

Comment

Awesome guitar. I think the tuners are wickedly different.
                    Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Mine's been posted before but here you go again. It also has mirror sharkies for inlays.

Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Roody that is seriously badass. I'm frickin serious.

Comment

Roody that is seriously badass. I'm frickin serious.
                          Thanks Axewielder. Tommi across the big pond has its twin except his has regular sharkies. Haven't seen him around here lately, perhaps this thread will bring him out to post his
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Not cracked mirror by any means, but the inspiration to do it came from a cracked mirror I saw on eBay that had all nickel and chrome hardware making it all blend into the mirror body. The pup covers were treated with acid, though I was concerned about fiddling with the chrome pieces or any moving parts, so they stayed chrome. Most people here have already seen this as well (the trans black WR1 the hardware came from is currently on eBay with all black hardware and EMGs).

Comment

Medisinyl, your guitar looks fantastic. I love it with the chrome finish and I never noticed that the bolted steel finish had so much silver flakes in it...looks fantastic!

Roody, we will never get tired of seeing that one!!! Absolutely beautiful...that's all I can say (except for how lucky you are to be able to look at that one on your wall!!!!).

Now, where is that darn KE2 with the cracked mirror finish!!

Comment

Working...
                              X