The White Bengal Strat has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
    Must've been really hard for him not to put a cockdragon on it.
    About as hard as resisting the urge to stick a lit fag up your own arse!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      Interesting, one vote for poplar and one for maple.
      Hey, I was the first one to vote maple, so it's two for maple.

I always thought the zebra had the bigger, wider stripes and the bengal were smaller like this...
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        About as hard as resisting the urge to stick a lit fag up your own arse!
        You have to find me first
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          You have to find me first
          I know where you're at, you like to hang around with the black trannies.

Ok we have 2 votes for maple, and 1 for poplar. I guess we also need a poll for whether this is a white bengal or a zebra!!

Comment

Jagged zebra?

And no, you can't have my black tranny. Cost me £145 to have her pickup swapped and set her up, including 4 coats of lemon oil.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Houston we have a problem! I knew the nut was homemade and a bit dodgy looking, but it's worse than I thought. I went to check the truss rod action, and discovered that a standard 7mm crack pipe wrench won't fit because the platform is in the way. I took the locking nut off, and the screws that held the nut on also held the platform on (just some flimsy wood glued together). There were also a bunch of "shims" stuffed in there, and it all kind of crumbled in my hands. Here's a pic, with the disintegrated platform there next to it:

http://www.axewielder.com/White_Beng...broken_nut.JPG

Damn! Fortunately, with the nut and platform removed, the truss rod nut tests out ok and there are no other issues I can see. I guess I'll need to have a luthier make a platform proper, with an arch cut away to provide clearance for a wrench. Anyone ever build one the "right way" and care to share pics? Here's the back of the neck:

http://www.axewielder.com/White_Beng...ck_back_01.JPG

No issues here, very very nice! Jackson tuners. "1539 OBD" is written on the heel.

Comment

Killer find, Wielder of Axes!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Hey, I was the first one to vote maple, so it's two for maple.

I always thought the zebra had the bigger, wider stripes and the bengal were smaller like this...
                  It's kind of some wierd Zebra/Bengal Hybrid. It was probably intended to be zebra though. A more correct zebra would be like the one Criss Oliva is playing in the April 2009 Guitar World. Axewielders is like that, but super zoomed in. Almost like the artist was using a lifesize fur versus someone looking at a far off picture for Criss'.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                    NICE axe, looks like an SD era body. tabbed singles, small route, looks like maple to me. poplar is usually more greenish yellow.
                    Don't all non-pickguard single-coil routes have those tabs?

Comment

Some C/J bodies have single routes that don't leave room for the tab. They did this on the Model Series Charvels and some of the Ontario Jacksons, since they were installing Jackson pickups that didn't need clearance for a tab.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                        Some C/J bodies have single routes that don't leave room for the tab. They did this on the Model Series Charvels and some of the Ontario Jacksons, since they were installing Jackson pickups that didn't need clearance for a tab.
                        Damn you're right, I never noticed that before. So...I guess if you have non-tabbed routes, single coil pups with the tabbed bases don't fit? Makes sense.

Comment

Neither of my '89 Dinkys have the third tab or extra flange.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

So....any guesses about those neck pocket scribbles? I've got "1539" and "V3M" written in both the neck cavity and trem cavity. Are these in the same category as Egyptian hieroglyphics? Did aliens come down from space and write them on there?!? Bueller?

*chirp chirp*

Comment

the 1539 could be the work order #.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yay! Here are the trem post washers installed. I just used a toothpick to dab some superglue on them. Thanks again Budman!

_________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X