Lefties....Post your guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool.

I think Gold would stick out more than black.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I love it!!
      I used to want a US KV2, but since they have 24 frets and medium jumbos I might go for a RR1 w/22 and jumbos.

Is that a new one?
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

sorry, I had to get a group shot

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
        I think Gold would stick out more than black.
        Yeah but I wasn't sure if the gold would go well on trans black
        I love it on solid black, just never seen it on trans.

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        I love it!!
        I used to want a US KV2, but since they have 24 frets and medium jumbos I might go for a RR1 w/22 and jumbos.
        Is that a new one?
        Used, off the bay. Might as well be new though, the only thing I see wrong with it is a tiny crack in the clearcoat on the bass side of the nut.

My Childrens
        -------------
        Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
        Lefty RR1T trans black
        Lefty Sl2HT trans black
        Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Behold the Fallen:

I saw that on Ebay a while back, $1500 for a lefty custom shop was a steal! I was thinking about it, but, i didn't dig the control plate/hardware on flamed maple, I think that was the deal breaker for me. I'd say black control plate/bridge
          "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathThrashAttack View Post
            Behold the Fallen:

I saw that on Ebay a while back, $1500 for a lefty custom shop was a steal! I was thinking about it, but, i didn't dig the control plate/hardware on flamed maple, I think that was the deal breaker for me. I'd say black control plate/bridge
            Yeah I'd prefer rear loaded controls but it was too good to pass up, mainly because the whole lefty thing, but i was looking for a USA RR1.
            My Childrens
            -------------
            Lefty RR1T trans black
            Lefty Sl2HT trans black
            Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

I've got 2 USA selects, a SL1 and SL2H, both from around 2003/2004.

So, who's going to get a 3rd to out do each other

Very nice guitars!

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
                So, who's going to get a 3rd to out do each other
                haha, no my next USA Jackson guitar will be a custom shop without a doubt. unless I happen to run across an absolutely amazing deal. Like a lefty WR1 for 500 bucks and/or a case of beer.
                My Childrens
                -------------
                Lefty RR1T trans black
                Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/g...nLefties-1.jpg

Still trying to get a picture up.
                  http://www.trevor-jordan.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev57 View Post

That one to the right, the natural one. I remember that one from a couple of years ago. I think I tried for it but didn't get it. I hope it's a great player for you.

joe...
                    www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

You mean this one?

It has been through a few mods since I bought it. The Schaller trem was worn out and I was having tuning stability problems, so I installed a Gotoh. Plus I hated the Reflex pickup and boost system, so I replaced the whole lot with Tom Anderson pickups and CTS pots. It has gone from being an interesting piece to my number one player.

The mini switches are 3 position on/off/on and give me series/off/split for each pickup.

Comment

Here is my recently modified Archtop Soloist. I replaced the stock humbuckers with a pair of P Rails. The mini switches (I thought I was having kittens whilst drilling the holes for them) give me Rail/Series/P90 for each pickup, then the regular 3 way selects pickups as normal. This give me 15 posible sounds. It has gone from being a very unversatile guitar, to a very versatile and interesting sounding guitar.

Comment

How are those P-Rails? I was thinking about putting them in my RR1, but I've kind of fallen in love with the Custom/Jazz combo on that guitar. So I'm considering taking the Blackouts out of my Charvel Model 5 and going to the P-rails to make it my "versatile" guitar.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

You mean this one?
                            Yep. I thought it was a very cool instrument. I thought it was one Ebay but maybe I saw it for sale here on the JCF.

Sounds like you made it into a better player!

joe...
                            www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

The P Rails make this guitar different from anything else I have. Being able to use each coil individually on each pickup is important obviously. The single coil (rail) is not particularly special on its own, and because they end up fairly close together, they don't give the extreme single coil sounds you would get on a Strat. However, they had to be this way round in order to get the P90 coils at the extreme bridge and neck positions, and that is where they are most useful, afterall, I have plenty of Strat options on other guitars. I tend to combine the rails for the delicate sound on quieter songs, really good sounds are also possible by combining a rail with a P90 or bucker etc. The humbucker option is good and powerful, so overall I have to rate these amongst the best pickups in my arsenal for the type of playing and versatility of sound that I require. Definitely worth the angst I went through modifying my prettiest guitar.

Comment

You mean this one?

It has been through a few mods since I bought it. The Schaller trem was worn out and I was having tuning stability problems, so I installed a Gotoh. Plus I hated the Reflex pickup and boost system, so I replaced the whole lot with Tom Anderson pickups and CTS pots. It has gone from being an interesting piece to my number one player.

The mini switches are 3 position on/off/on and give me series/off/split for each pickup.
                                Here are some pics before I sold it to Trevor
                                Last edited by jacksonaxes; 01-18-2009, 01:53 PM.
                                METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                                X