Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ken View Post
    That's beautiful. Congrats.

How did you specify that colour? It looks lighter than the usual trans. black and darker than the light trans. black. However you did it, it came out well.

Here's exactly what was on the form...

Color: See Through Black All Over (Trans Black like KV1s, KV2Ts, and Y2KVs w/ No Flame Top or paint fade)

See Through Black (Standard Finish)

Headstock Color: Match Body Color

It does look a little in between standard colors from before I guess, but I think they did the right amount to make the grain pop the most. I'm super stoked on how it came out.

lml lml

Comment

Very interesting and nice. I'm not usually a fan of that headstock style but it works perfectly on your guitar. The see through color all over is also really neat.

Comment

Fucking masterpiece.

Comment

Holy Frack!!! What's with all the custom shop King Vs lately?

That thing is beyond cool. I would never have thought of trans-black over ash, but damn, I wish I did. Great choice!!!!
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

OH mama that thing is badass!! i love it... it must be bright tone with the ash/floyd/emg combo. Just curious how long was the wait??
            Last edited by KBRR; 11-08-2008, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
              OH mama that thing is badass!! i love it... it must be bright tone with the ash/floyd/emg combo. Just curious how long was the wait??
              Actually, it has a just a tiny bit more of a darker tone than my others and weighs a bit more too, which is a cool change. That's probably cause I specified Swamp ash as opposed to normal ash. Not really sure what they had at the shop, but it sounds like swamp and it feels freakin' solid.

Wait was just under 8 months. Apparently, Jackson customs have been coming out faster than usual!

lml lml

Comment

It's probably more of the maple neck making it feel heavier. Swamp ash is usually pretty light compared to regular norther ash which is much heavier; though, like any wood, it can always vary a little. And I'd swap the pickups around and put the 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice Ash!
                  USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                  USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    It's probably more of the maple neck making it feel heavier. Swamp ash is usually pretty light compared to regular norther ash which is much heavier; though, like any wood, it can always vary a little. And I'd swap the pickups around and put the 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck.
                    lol, then I'd have to put a darth vader helmet on it or something...

Yeah, it's hard and heavy like northern ash but the tone isn't bright by any means... It sound more like 'Sad But True' as opposed to 'Take No Prisoners' if you know what I mean. I have read that ash tops can be inconsistent though so I don't know. Still stoked on it though...

Comment

Beautiful guitar \m/

Just curious, when going the custom shop route, I would have thought that most people would want an unfinished neck since it feels MUCH better and in the dire situation you might want to sell it, unpainted neck-thru's fetch quite a bit. I'm wondering, do you have a liking for a painted neck? In my books, that one feature would make this the best KV I've come across. Would it have costed more to have the back of the neck unfinished?
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        Beautiful guitar \m/

Just curious, when going the custom shop route, I would have thought that most people would want an unfinished neck since in the dire situation you might want to sell it, unpainted neck-thru's fetch quite a bit. I'm wondering, do you have a liking for a painted neck? In my books, that one feature would make this the best KV I've come across. Would it have costed more to have the back of the neck unfinished?
                        I'm assuming if would have probably been cheaper to have a section on the guitar that they didn't have to finish or polish. I had it finished because that's what my other KVs are like and it's what I'm used to. The other big reason is obviously to keep with the whole idea of this guitar, which is trans finish all over. I fell in love with some ESP finishes they had over ash bodies and I wanted Jackson to do it!

Here's the guitar that inspired me... ESP Forest GT:

The only thing I hated about theirs was that it looked so purple! But I knew Jackson could do this and do it better...

lml lml

Comment

Great! Unique color and swamp-ash grain. And . . . you got an FR!
                          Great headstock too.

I can't read the sticker
                          JvicE

Comment

Originally posted by servantdave View Post
                            The only thing I hated about theirs was that it looked so purple! But I knew Jackson could do this and do it better...

lml lml
                            Great decision! Jackson seems to have got it right! Congrats.
                            Sam

Comment

That is one seriously beautiful V!! What is the scale length on it?
                              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Ass Kicking!

Comment

Working...
                                X