Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again fellas - it's cool that people seem to like 'em

Originally posted by ken View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I dislike v-plates. I was wondering what you'd have planned to do to disguise the three screw holes where the v-plate is attached?
    Yeah, I don't like them either. On a Rhoads they look horrible to be cos they're mounted 'offset' so they don't fit either the sillouette of the guitar or the verticle axis. And they don't match up with the control plate either. Horrible.... (sorry guys )

Anyway, as for ideas to hide the holes, I removed the plate and did some 'mockups'. One idea was to just leave them, cos they're pretty small, and on a flame top, they pretty much 'disappear' from more than a couple of feet aware. I tried putting the screws back but that looked like shit.
    The one idea someone suggested that I haven't tried is using a red wax crayon to 'clog' the holes, to both fill them and hide them....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post

Yeah, I don't like them either. On a Rhoads they look horrible to be cos they're mounted 'offset' so they don't fit either the sillouette of the guitar or the verticle axis. And they don't match up with the control plate either. Horrible.... (sorry guys )
      Couldn't have said it better.

Anyway, as for ideas to hide the holes, I removed the plate and did some 'mockups'. One idea was to just leave them, cos they're pretty small, and on a flame top, they pretty much 'disappear' from more than a couple of feet aware. I tried putting the screws back but that looked like shit.
      The one idea someone suggested that I haven't tried is using a red wax crayon to 'clog' the holes, to both fill them and hide them....
      Damn, so you don't have a miracle fix? Somehow using crayon to touch up a CS Jackson seems a little, eh, hopeful. At least it sounds as if the v-plate hasn't messed up the finish underneath. That's a start....

Once again, congrats on the sweet collection.

Comment

Damn, so you don't have a miracle fix? Somehow using crayon to touch up a CS Jackson seems a little, eh, hopeful.
        Nope, sorry, no insta-solution here

And yeah, you're correct on using the crayon, but there's no possible way to make the holes disappear without retopping it. The idea is to use the wax to 'fill' the holes with a similar colour, so the eye is not so easily drawn to it....

Comment

mmmm. that purple Soloist makes me feel funny.... down there....
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Oh, you are the one who got that sweet gibson v! I really dig that one. You have lots of nice fiddles man.

Comment

Yeah ... I am gonna need you to go ahead and give me your complete address and copy of your work schedule ...

Comment

Well, here's mine:

It's no match for anyone else's, but I get by. Only has space for 4 guitars to stand next to it. No wall hangers permitted
                Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-10-2008, 11:32 AM.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I may be in the minority, but I dislike v-plates.
                  Yeah, I don't like them either. On a Rhoads they look horrible to be cos they're mounted 'offset' so they don't fit either the sillouette of the guitar or the verticle axis. And they don't match up with the control plate either.
                  I think the V plates look neat. Though, they definitely look better on guitars without the control plates.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

out of all them guitars, is there 1 thats gets more attention than the rest?
                    how does the wayne rate?

Comment

Originally posted by jerevil View Post
                      yeah ... I am gonna need you to go ahead and give me your complete address and copy of your work schedule ...

Comment

Originally posted by zenridaz View Post
                        out of all them guitars, is there 1 thats gets more attention than the rest?
                        how does the wayne rate?
                        I guess it depends. Generally, people seem to like the blue GMW, the polka doy Dinky, the TMNT XTRR and the b/w dragon V though.

The Wayne is great, but I never play it. I got 3 guitars in the same week, and for some reason the Wayne fell through the cracks somewhat...

Comment

Nice guitar room. I need to upload some pics of my own soon!

Comment

you have way too much money man

Comment

Not any more I don't....

Comment

if you sold half your guitars you could retire

Comment

Working...
                                X