My guitar room as of Oct 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    What are the specs of that red string-thru XTRR again? More pics, please!
    Hey Joe - it has a flamed maple centre section, with I think either mahogany or Korina wings. It's 24 3/4" scale, rev sharkfins, the flame top is about 1/2" thick, there's a push pull on the volume for switching, ebony buttons on the tuners, custom Duncan and DiMarzio with gold polepieces and it's been signed on the rear of the head by Delores Rhoads (shame my name's not Michael though!) That's about all the specs I can come up with right now
    I need to get a old RR type bridge from Dave, and have wondered about removing the V-plate and going for ferrules, but I doubt I'll ever get round to it! The pics suck, but here they are:

Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
      are those Danny's actual guitars or replicas?
      The trans black guitar in the middle was Danny's, but the Turtles is a replica and the rest are custom orders...

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
      I also dig that ESP next to it. Was that a custom order, mutt or what?
      That's an older one that's been modded with a Floyd. It has a single hum route under the guard. I don't know much about it, other than that. I think it's an 'original' guitar though, rather than a mutt....

Comment

Good collection!

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          Hey Joe - it has a flamed maple centre section, with I think either mahogany or Korina wings. It's 24 3/4" scale, rev sharkfins, the flame top is about 1/2" thick, there's a push pull on the volume for switching, ebony buttons on the tuners, custom Duncan and DiMarzio with gold polepieces and it's been signed on the rear of the head by Delores Rhoads (shame my name's not Michael though!) That's about all the specs I can come up with right now
          I need to get a old RR type bridge from Dave, and have wondered about removing the V-plate and going for ferrules, but I doubt I'll ever get round to it! The pics suck, but here they are:

Awesome. Is that a Feiten tuning system or some kind of other compensated nut on there?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ah yeah, forgot that. It's an Earvana nut....

Comment

Funny, my room just went thru a revamp. Big office desk in here now, yet more space for guitars. And today is payday.... now if I could just up my USA Jackson count to 3...
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Awesome collection!!!!!!!!
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Thanks guys - it'd be great to get the guitars that are still back in the UK over here, but that's not really too practical right now....

Ah well, why didn't you say? I'd be only too pleased to look after the guitars left here, make sure they get the love and attention they deserve. I'd even wipe my "special polish" off afterwards.

Well, I could probably use a spare liver...
                  Trust me, you wouldn't want mine after the thrashing I've given it.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Awesome guitar room, Ian! Makes me want to come up to Vancouver even more to check it out in person.

Comment

What a bunch of beauties !
                      Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
                      Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
                      Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                        Makes me want to come up to Vancouver even more to check it out in person.
                        Any time John

Comment

awesome collection. love the reverse head HRF.

Comment

Wow
                            Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Beautiful collection Ian.

I need to get a old RR type bridge from Dave, and have wondered about removing the V-plate and going for ferrules, but I doubt I'll ever get round to it!
                              I may be in the minority, but I dislike v-plates. I was wondering what you'd have planned to do to disguise the three screw holes where the v-plate is attached?

Comment

Fuggin' awesome Ian...love that room!

Comment

Working...
                                X