Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Custom Shop Order...Demon or Death Angel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
    I don't know why the hell they would change it. The fret access on the trans-black one above looks terrible. Actually, the lower bout looks different too. It looks thinner and less rounded.

EDIT: It is in fact quite different. Check out this pic of Rob's original.

The lower bout is much fatter, and rounder.
    Rob's isn't an archtop either.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Rob's isn't an archtop either.
      Well, that's true, but I understand why someone would want an archtop. It's a pretty cool variation, but they didn't have to change the body shape.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Rob's latest CS guitar, the one built a year ago about which there's a video on youtube (cue butt-plug jokes), seems to have the same lower horn as his original one:

Of course, as Joe will point out, it's not an archtop either.

I'm sure you could specify that you want the lower horn as on Rob's guitars. Then just do what Nelli does and get regular updates to minimize the chance that they feck-up and forget to build it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
          Rob's latest CS guitar, the one built a year ago about which there's a video on youtube (cue butt-plug jokes), seems to have the same lower horn as his original one:

Of course, as Joe will point out, it's not an archtop either.

I'm sure you could specify that you want the lower horn as on Rob's guitars. Then just do what Nelli does and get regular updates to minimize the chance that they feck-up and forget to build it that way.
          Yes, that one seems to be the same shape as his original. I'm sure Rob gave them the original to use as a template. He probably noticed the discrepencies in the various other versions.

That's the exact same colour I was thinking of for mine. I guess it stuck in my head.

Comment

Well, I've decided to go Death Angel. Thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to let Nick know about the lower horn and request a pic of the template before they proceed.

Zeeg - I'll let you know what they say about the lower horn. Might help you to make your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
              Well, I've decided to go Death Angel. Thanks for all the input guys. I'm going to let Nick know about the lower horn and request a pic of the template before they proceed.

Zeeg - I'll let you know what they say about the lower horn. Might help you to make your decision.
              Good choice!

Comment

I would say you could wait a few months after the model gets released, so they'll have a "final" CNC program for sure, by then. Then again, since it's been already announced, I'm sure they've built a small amount of these, so they may have finalized the design by now anyways. Just my two cents.

Good luck on your order, man.
                Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Went to Fuller's yesterday and played this bad boy. It is freaking AWESOME. The arch top on it is perfect, the flame is beautiful, and the neck is great. A combo of blood wood and ebony for the neck.

But the $6000 price was a little too steep for me!
                  1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                  Jackson SLATQH
                  Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                  Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                  Jackson DKMGT (project)
                  Kramer Focus 1000
                  Ibanez SDGR Bass
                  Ovation Celebrity
                  Martin Backpacker

Comment

Working...
                  X