Post your snakeskin USAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my '89:

Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Laars View Post
      IMO4,
      That green snakeskin is THE best snakeskin I have ever seen. I AM SO JEALOUS Man...... My USA dinky is one of the many gray ones......
      Laars.
      Thanks man, I honestly don't know how I got it like that, it's just a standard production model according to the serial. I just bought a used one on Ebay not knowing anything about the snakeskin finish other than it looked cool.
      I just thought it was a standard colour until I saw all the grey ones posted on here. I've been trying to find out more about it but to no luck.

You boots and guitar are awesome by the way dude, love it

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
        Also, the contract of sale is between you and THEM, not Fender, unless Fender have suddenly started sending out stock to dealers and
        The Manufacturer of the guitar is responsible any and all defects covered by thier warranty. In the states (which is where this may all differ) once the shop concludes the sale, they legally are not obligated to offer a refund or return on any merchandise. But generally do in order to keep customers happy. Once a guitar is sold, I am advised by all my companies to handle all issues directly with the company and not internally.

ESP
        Fender
        Jackson/Charvel
        Schecter
        BCRich
        Warwick

thats thier "official stance"
        the problem with that, is even if they play a guitar in the shop several times, some things just cant be found unless someone takes it home...

lose lose situation.

I return for store credit on stuff if there is a problem that the company that cant fix satisfactorily for the customer
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I'm happy to keep the guitar with the case they loaned me. I won't lose sleep over this DK1 if it sells or not. I've learned my lesson with UK shops. I'm sticking with ebay from now on.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 11-05-2008, 03:51 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite View Post
            The Manufacturer of the guitar is responsible any and all defects covered by thier warranty. In the states (which is where this may all differ) once the shop concludes the sale, they legally are not obligated to offer a refund or return on any merchandise. But generally do in order to keep customers happy. Once a guitar is sold, I am advised by all my companies to handle all issues directly with the company and not internally.

ESP
            Fender
            Jackson/Charvel
            Schecter
            BCRich
            Warwick

thats thier "official stance"
            the problem with that, is even if they play a guitar in the shop several times, some things just cant be found unless someone takes it home...

lose lose situation.

I return for store credit on stuff if there is a problem that the company that cant fix satisfactorily for the customer

The law is different over here. Unless the shop is an "agent of the manufacturer", ie. part of the manufacturer's company, there are well-defined LAWS concerning their responsibility.

I sell pro-audio equipment, and in the past have stocked guitars (like when I fancied one of a particular make myself, hehe) and know from experience it's a ball-ache to be piggy in the middle between a pissed off customer and a huge manufacturer who, quite frankly, doesn't give a toss about that pissed off customer, especially if they have thousands of perfectly happy ones. They are not going to call a board meeting because Mr Smith's guitar has a dicky trem unit.

Even worse is when there is a distribution company of box shifters between the end user, me and the manufacturer, they have no professional pride attached to the product, they just need to shift units. They give even less of a fuck, despite what they may say on the phone when you tell them your customer has a problem. When they lose the deal with a certain make which they have been pushing as the best thing since sliced bread, all of a sudden that make is shit, and the best thing is now the brand they happen to be selling, surprise surprise.

However, it's better as a dealer to go out of your way to sort things out amicably and then pursue the Sales Reptile because a. the customer might come back and drop loads more cash in your till, and b. because the LAW tells you you MUST comply, and the worse thing in the world is a customer waving the Sale of Goods Act in your face calling you a cunt and threatening to get the local Trading Standards officers onto you.

If you explain that you, the dealer, are in a sticky position, making a small margin, and have to go through the right channels, laborious though they may be, to get returns sorted out, they will generally see you aren't trying to stitch them up, and be cool about things, even if they never do get total satisfaction. (You then have to butter them up with other stuff to compensate, and make a mental note to fuck the Reptile for loadsa free swag next time he bowls up on a Friday morning looking for a cup of coffee and an early finish)

Wilksy-baby has been insulted and harangued for wanting the dealer to obey the law. When he gets told his contract is with the manufacturer, does that mean that he should go to them direct when he wants spares, or another guitar, why should he go to a dealer? I can see the shop spitting the dummy about that one, they pay loadsacash to be a Fender Rock 'n' Roll Dealer. They can't have it both ways, they should either put up, or STFU and be very nice to my cutie-pie to keep him sweet.

It's little wonder the chain went tits-up not so long ago. I can confidently say that none of their customers gave a flying fuck about that, apart from their own losses, deposits, warranties etc.

OH, BTW, Fuel0707, that guitar has given me an erection.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              The law is different over here. Unless the shop is an "agent of the manufacturer", ie. part of the manufacturer's company, there are well-defined LAWS concerning their responsibility.

However, it's better as a dealer to go out of your way to sort things out amicably and then pursue the Sales Reptile because a. the customer might come back and drop loads more cash in your till, and b. because the LAW tells you you MUST comply, and the worse thing in the world is a customer waving the Sale of Goods Act in your face calling you a cunt and threatening to get the local Trading Standards officers onto you.

Wilksy-baby has been insulted and harangued for wanting the dealer to obey the law. When he gets told his contract is with the manufacturer, does that mean that he should go to them direct when he wants spares, or another guitar, why should he go to a dealer? I can see the shop spitting the dummy about that one, they pay loadsacash to be a Fender Rock 'n' Roll Dealer. They can't have it both ways, they should either put up, or STFU and be very nice to my cutie-pie to keep him sweet.

It's little wonder the chain went tits-up not so long ago. I can confidently say that none of their customers gave a flying fuck about that, apart from their own losses, deposits, warranties etc.
              I had to look that word up , but yes, you're absolutely correct. I tried to offer to trade this DK1 in for a WR1, but they refused on the basis that the DK1 was sold in a sale, despite I would've paid the difference to get the WR1. Then of course, I get the snotty self-righteous bullshit phone call, and that's when contact stopped.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

These are all really awesome. How much does adding snakeskin or copper snakeskin add to the price of a USA jackson over the price of a solid normal finish?

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                  Here's my '89:

Man, that is just too cool. A snakeskin and strat head !
                  I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I thought you only liked Warriors
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

1986 USA "Glow in the Dark" model. Yes, it really does glow in the dark, I've heard the paint is now illegal.

Since these pics were taken, I put new EMG's and a new Floyd on it. Had it set up by a pro, plays like a dream now, maple neck is flat and smooth.

Last edited by Big D; 11-13-2008, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post
                        1986 USA "Glow in the Dark" model. Yes, it really does glow in the dark, I've heard the paint is now illegal.

Since these pics were taken, I put new EMG's and a new Floyd on it. Had it set up by a pro, plays like a dream now, maple neck is flat and smooth.

Dayum!!!! That's sweet!
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

It didn't sell. Had a few offers for trade, turned them all down. Until someone offers me a WR1, I'm keeping this DK1. I went thru a lot of hassle to get it.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Just got this last week. Seller pics...I need to take some new ones but you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                              Just got this last week. Seller pics...I need to take some new ones but you get the idea.

Oh, I've just cum in my pants. Give it to me.
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

'89 Snakeskin

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                                Here's my '89:

DANG!!!! Where did you find that? It is my old guitar that I cut a bunch of my best-sounding stuff with. It originally came with a rosewood reverse pointy neck...that neck is off a Lake Placid Blue Jackson Holdsworth (bought from the old Melody Shop in Dallas). The Snake was originally from McBrides in Denton, TX. We swapped necks.

That neck was AWESOME. Super-beefy, great tone. The guitar had a J90 in it, but I put a Zebra '59 in it. Not that pickup pictured, though (I still have that '59). The strat super-switch allowed for all sorts of tones.

That, my Ripley and my old Steinberger Transtrem are all ones I wish I still had.

Ron Dodson
                                Dallas

Comment

Working...
                                X