No announcement yet.

Jackson DK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion on the DK1 - awesome guitar, but try to find a dealer with a black one in stock!!!! I sold my 1997 DK1 with 22 frets to fund a 24 fretter. After pursuing this for weeks with calls all over the USA to no avail, I eventually settled on a new SL2H, and I love it! The SL2H has a bit of a thicker neck, until you get up around the 17th fret and on up,,,,obviously, the SL2H is much thinner in this territory due to the neck thru. I'm used to the SL2H now and loving the unlimited upper fret access, and I'm happy with my decision. However, that DK1 is just as awesome, and I may end up with another some day, too. I'll never part with this SL2H though,,,I've really become obsessed with it. USA Jacksons are just great playing guitars that are addicting to own.

Comment

The dealers may not have them in stock, but they can order you one from the factory. If one's already built, they can ship it immediately. If they need to put one together, you're looking somewhere around two months...at least that's how long my copperhead dk1 took.
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Typical build times for a USA Select guitar are more like 6 to 9 months. You got very lucky with 2.

Comment

4 days to go....
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-22-2008, 09:24 AM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            which finish did you get it in? Pics?

Here's mine!

Comment

I bought a new one in BCSB finish . I love it !
              Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
              Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
              Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Mine will be in Snakeskin (not copper, I mean the grey one).
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Color looks to be violin brown. That was discontinued for USA Select guitars a few years back, and is only available as a custom now.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    4 days to go....
                    is it brand new? where in the UK can you buy USA Jackson's anyway? Most places i've seen only stock the JS or PRO series...
                    One day i want a Jackson SL1T...

Comment

It's ex-demo. The shop figured they can't sell it for £1799, so they've reduced it to £999. Since they've got a 20% off sale, I'm gonna offer £799 and take it from there. I really need to try it out (which they don't allow on USA Jacksons) to make sure nothing's wrong with it. Any shop that stocks entry level and pro series Jacksons can get you want you want, but it's the wait and price that turn UK shoppers away.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

BOUGHT TODAY:

Like with my WR1, the camera doesn't show the serial very well at all. Serial is: 8338. I was expecting another 2 digits. IIRC, it's from 2005. Came in a Hiscox case. Official Jackson case on order.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Snakes kick ass. Congrats !
                          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Thanks Chris. Need all the support I can get after I dropped out of that CS Warrior offer.

Can anyone verify it's age from serial 8338? I thought USA's were supposed to have 6 digit serials.

Well, after getting it home, there was more wrong with it than I thought. The neck is rough as hell. I can feel scraped areas where the guitar has been leaned against corners and lifted off. It looks filthy as well as "tanned"/"aged", like it was from 1990 and never cleaned. The hex keys are missing, and I've been given a Hiscox case which I don't like nor did I ask for. They even had the cheek to offer a gig bag! No, sorry. You don't buy a USA Select and expect it to be in this condition and missing things. I suspect they'll try offering alternative goods or come up with some other cop out. Serves me right for buying from a bunch of asshats.
                            Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-27-2008, 11:28 AM.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

The DK1's only have four #'s. one of mine is in the 6200's and the other in the 6400's, with the 6200 being made in 2007 and the 6400 made just a few months ago. Is your's used? Maybe it has a higher number because of the finish?
                              :idea:
                              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Wierd. The tag said 2005. Unfortunately, that's gone missing.
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                                X