Jackson Custom Shop Soloist Archtop SXC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks very nice and clean! Congrats!

Final inspection date last December and you get it half a year later? Jackson does it again!

Comment

awesome ...love the inlay!!!!...but which part of its over the 12th fret??

Comment

Archtop Soloists are the best model that Jackson makes, IMO!

Comment

How much did that set you back? It looks like you probably got a great deal out of it.

Oh, and your English is perfect dude, no worries.

Comment

Yup, that'll get the job done. Congrats!
            The Guitars:
            Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
            The Amps:
            Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Awesome looking guitar, great specs!

Nice turtle, too!
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

None more black.

Love the inlay. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                  Very Nice. Those pick ups look like they are raised pretty high. Is that standard for a one piece guitar?
                  That's standard because it's got a TOM bridge and the neck angle is tilted back more, the same as you'd see on a Les Paul.

And that guitar rocks! Congrats.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks everybody for your comments

I'll try to answer your questions.

Maybe the action seems high in the pics, but I can say it's actually very low. It's about 1 mm over the 12th fret. Anyway, this weekend I'm going to tune down the guitar to its definitive tune: Standard C (now it's tuned to Standard E), so I'm going to adjust all the guitar again.

The fingerboard is Ebony. In the pics it looks lighter, and the small cracks (I don't know how to call this) seem to be bigger and white, but I think it's because of the camera. It's the same with the white dust in the closest pics: I clean the guitar perfectly, see no dust, take the photo and.......there it is the small white dust that I can’t almost see in the guitar but it looks very big in the pic!

Yes, final inspection on December, they send a photo that month

It took two months since my dealer told me the guitar was on route since it arrived two weeks ago. Transport, customs house........and I don't know what the hell more.

The pickups are EMG, so they have to be close to the strings. The guitar also has a TOM bridge, so the neck is angled, and it has no pickup bevels. This is why the pickups seem to have been raised so high. I like it.

The red fret markers are a personal decision (the same as the inlay); I think white fret markers would be typical, so I decided to go with red. And I like it!

The part of the inlay that is over the 12th fret is the right wing. The head of the Dragon is on the 11th. So it's centred over the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th frets.

The sound of the guitar is killer. It's very rich, and has an incredible sustain. The speed neck fits perfect in my small hands, and the playability of the guitar is on the top.

I'm playing it through a 180W Diezel Herbert Amp and a 4x12 ENGL XXL cabinet, and it’s the better sound I’ve ever heard, so you can imagine how the walls are breaking.....

I love the black color…….Did I say it?

DARK METAL

Comment

very cool guitar indeed. ;D

Comment

A very metal machine! Congrats and welcome to the board.

Comment

...And it appears Grover Jackson himself gave it his blessings Cool Jackson even though its plain black. I like it.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Sweet rig. Archtop soloists rule!
                            www.JerryRobison.com
                            '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

That is the most plain yet beautiful soloist ever. I absolutely love it. And the pic of it being held by Jackson himself, priceless.

Comment

Wow, you've got yourself one classic looking guitar, mang.

I could swear your fretboard was rosewood, it looks exactly like the one on mine.

While im not a fan of EMG's myself, that is one doomy looking axe.
                                Last edited by eon; 05-29-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X