Jackson Custom Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZippoTragedy View Post
    Awesome instruments, for sure. All stellar.
    I'm interested in ordering a Custom Shop Soloist.

How does one go about this?
    I'm aware of the form on the site - extensive.

Am I supposed ot take this to a local retailer?
    TBQH, I'd rather order online or out of state - our Sales Tax is quite high ~9%, which would add several hundreds of dollars to the purchase price. Are there shops that deal with non-locals?

Any advice appreciated...thanks.
    It's pretty easy actually. You'll more than likely have to order out of state to find a dealer you like. If you can fill out the spec form on your own, then it's as simple as emailing it to a dealer for a quote. If you need help filling out the spec form a dealer can help you, or a somebody from here could help you.

As far as dealers go I'd go with one of the sponsoring dealers here. I have to vouch for Nick at Piney Hills Music for being a great dealer, but the other dealers are good as well.

Hope I answered your questions

Comment

• Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
      I think I'd rather have something else than a Floyd given the fact that I already have two floyd-equipped guitars.

Is it Air Norton that is in the neck? I love that mic. It's so easy to make it scream. When I do slow solos with the JP6 it always gives me that nice gliss on the long notes. Fab! Nothing less.
      Good question the neck pickup in the JP6 I believe is custom-made for MM but he used the Air Norton in his Ibanez models as far as I'm aware.

Comment

• Oh,
        Fukkkk me that red snakeskin is gorgeous.
        Maple board is just perfect.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• This thread takes up too much of my free time
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

• Originally posted by Mazz View Post
            This thread takes up too much of my free time
            :ROTF:
            '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
            '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
            '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '13 Gibson M-III
            Taylor 214CE
            Dean 6-string Bass
            Morgan Ukulele

Comment

• Originally posted by Confessor Townsend View Post
              Good question the neck pickup in the JP6 I believe is custom-made for MM but he used the Air Norton in his Ibanez models as far as I'm aware.
              I haven't tried the Ibanez Petrucci. Only the Musicman. And it's the musicman pickup I want. It is the perfect neck pickup.
              '13 Gibson M-III
              Taylor 214CE
              Dean 6-string Bass
              Morgan Ukulele

Comment

• That red snakeskin guitar is absolutely fantastic. Congrats, tonezone. Now THAT is the way to do a custom guitar...

Comment

I haven't tried the Ibanez Petrucci. Only the Musicman. And it's the musicman pickup I want. It is the perfect neck pickup.
                  My guitar teacher has a seven string MM Petrucci. Those pickups are so nice, especially the neck one.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

• Mikernaut2

Why have a locking nut if you're using LSR's? I've never understood that.
                    Last edited by bombtek; 03-19-2009, 05:01 PM.
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                      Mikernaut2

Why have a locking nut if you're using LSR's? I've never understood that.
                      Some people seem to like having locking tuners behind the locking nut simply cause it makes string changes easier/quicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                        That red snakeskin guitar is absolutely fantastic. Congrats, tonezone. Now THAT is the way to do a custom guitar...
                        Thank you very much.
                        '13 Gibson M-III
                        Taylor 214CE
                        Dean 6-string Bass
                        Morgan Ukulele

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          Some people seem to like having locking tuners behind the locking nut simply cause it makes string changes easier/quicker.
                          Ahh ok. Thanks never thought about that.
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

• Finally Ordering a CS - been wanting to for years !!

Well a little story behind my Custom Shop Order:

A few years back I was playing a show at our local county fair
                            with my Candy Green 95 Jackson Dinky RVS Pro - after it was over
                            someone came up to me and ask if it was my John Deere Guitar !!
                            ( I Live in Kansas ) I thought it was kind of a cool and funny statement,
                            so I went down to our local John Deere Dealer and bought a couple decals
                            to slap on it. Well it went over very well ---always got great comments at
                            shows - it was always talked about and alot of fun !!
                            The 95 RVS is my all time favorite Jackson and since I grew up on a farm,
                            and was the youngest in my family - I always got stuck running the John
                            Deere 95 Combine during harvest because it was the only one without A/C.

So - I came up with my own version of the John Deere Custom Shop.
                            I sent all my info to our local Jackson CS dealer and am now waiting on
                            a quote ---- Can't wait to get this thing going !!!
                            I am using alot of the specs from the 95RVS and some changes that I
                            want on the guitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by HiperHeli View Post
                              Well a little story behind my Custom Shop Order:

A few years back I was playing a show at our local county fair
                              with my Candy Green 95 Jackson Dinky RVS Pro - after it was over
                              someone came up to me and ask if it was my John Deere Guitar !!
                              ( I Live in Kansas ) I thought it was kind of a cool and funny statement,
                              so I went down to our local John Deere Dealer and bought a couple decals
                              to slap on it. Well it went over very well ---always got great comments at
                              shows - it was always talked about and alot of fun !!
                              The 95 RVS is my all time favorite Jackson and since I grew up on a farm,
                              and was the youngest in my family - I always got stuck running the John
                              Deere 95 Combine during harvest because it was the only one without A/C.

So - I came up with my own version of the John Deere Custom Shop.
                              I sent all my info to our local Jackson CS dealer and am now waiting on
                              a quote ---- Can't wait to get this thing going !!!
                              I am using alot of the specs from the 95RVS and some changes that I
                              want on the guitar.

When you get it, you got to post it here.
                              '13 Gibson M-III
                              Taylor 214CE
                              Dean 6-string Bass
                              Morgan Ukulele

Comment

When you get it, you got to post it here.
                                Unfortunately, Jackson won't put the trademarked John Deere logo on it for you. They quit doing that stuff in 2003
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X