Jackson Custom Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    IMO Pallars has every right to voice his opinion, positive or negative.

Right, comrade Strangletooth?
    Sure, but come on, let's be reasonable here, no? It's just like telling someone their new baby is ugly or some shit, it's just not done... Some things should be kept to yourself.
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

• Pallers- that was a dick post. If you don't like it, fine. Even say that it is not to your taste. But you went over the line, IMO.

I think it is incredibly crass that you would shred the guys guitar. Too much chrome...engraved truss rod cover....his choices. You don't have to play it.
      1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
      Jackson SLATQH
      Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
      Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
      Jackson DKMGT (project)
      Kramer Focus 1000
      Ibanez SDGR Bass
      Ovation Celebrity
      Martin Backpacker

Comment

• Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa View Post
        I am stoked that you are super happy with it. I just wanted to give my 2 cents!

There has GOT to be someone else out there that thinks this guitar is SUPER tacky. Snakeskin is cool! But The chrome is over-done in my opinion. Too much chrome! its like an ugly PT Cruiser with all the chrome trim options! I always thought chrome hardware was synonymous with cheaper guitars.

The personalized truss rod cover I think is so tacky. Its like you're trying to add texts and letters and graphics in every spot you can. Just leeave it alone!

and the ying yang? seriously? what is it supposed to mean? let me guess. "its like, good and evil, ya know?"
        wow. deep....

I just wanted to throw that in there since every other post was glowing with glee over this thing. I think its fugly. but again, Im stoked that a fellow JCFer is happy with it. All jacksons rule in my opinion but I felt the need to balance out the cum stains with some criticism.
        Hi there. I don't mind you telling me it's over the top, because it is. I just wanted to coment something you said: "I always thought chrome hardware was synonymous with cheaper guitars."

Really? I've discussed this with a couple of friends and we had the same thought about black hardware. Anyway I'm happy with it. It's perfect for me. As for the yin yang, it's a different way of splitting the fretboard. The way it's made today, it's not symmetrical, but this is. So no good and evil. It's all about the music...
        '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
        '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
        '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        '13 Gibson M-III
        Taylor 214CE
        Dean 6-string Bass
        Morgan Ukulele

Comment

• Yeah, Tonezone. What the hell were you thinking ordering chrome on that snakeskin guitar. It's like this jag off who went with blue.

Who the hell would do that sort of thing. Ruins the guitar for sure.

Some ass wipe has more pictures here.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/index.php?...arvel&Itemid=8
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

• As the old saying goes "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

That said, I think it looks cool. Would I have made all the same design choices? No but it's not my custom guitar, it's ToneZone's and as long as he's happy with it (which he is), that's all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
              Yeah, Tonezone. What the hell were you thinking ordering chrome on that snakeskin guitar. It's like this jag off who went with blue.

Who the hell would do that sort of thing. Ruins the guitar for sure.

Some ass wipe has more pictures here.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/index.php?...arvel&Itemid=8
              That's YOUR opinion. I like it. Black hardware would make it too two-dimentional for me, and gold just wouldn't work.

Someone obviously like this colour-combination:

http://www.guitarasylum.com/product_...keskin_02.html

They ordered ten of them.

Want one?
              '13 Gibson M-III
              Taylor 214CE
              Dean 6-string Bass
              Morgan Ukulele

Comment

• Chrome on snakeskins RULES.

But feet in mouth do not.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToneZone View Post
                  That's YOUR opinion. I like it. Black hardware would make it too two-dimentional for me, and gold just wouldn't work.
                  I am guessing that you didn't get it that the one I posted is mine.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

• I wont say anything further. I really dont' see how I was "out of line" but everyone's got their own opinions. Maybe I come from a part of the internet where people are allowed to say what they want as long as its in a respectable manner, I guess some folks here are haven't the gall to express their more "out there" opinions to people on the net.

None the less, I got this PM from an anonymous reader...

"just had to drop you a line to complement you on your honesty, regardless of good or bad issue(s).

many people these days (on forum masses) are generally complacent minions & suck ups.

your opinion is as valid as someone's who says "oh man, wow, that's the greatest guitar ever, wow.

i (personally) would say more valid than the unweighted air generally communicated via forums & the mutual admiration society.

not in any way to drag or bash a person or group, but tired like some of duplicated water down comments, and bland concurrence.

- i don't post here (surprise) = i know many on here, just bought two guitars in the last few days from one member, many are cool / knowledgeable = many are "experts" that can't wait to chime in with an opinion nobody asked for.

keep up the honesty, again it doesn't reflect that your opinion is negative, or positive. most importantly, it's yours = not a rounded off version, trimmed by fear of peers, etc.

thanks again = rock on!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                      I am guessing that you didn't get it that the one I posted is mine.
                      :ROTF: Haha!! No, I didn't. I liked your guitar. The fretboard was awesome!!!
                      Last edited by ToneZone; 04-02-2009, 03:29 PM.
                      '13 Gibson M-III
                      Taylor 214CE
                      Dean 6-string Bass
                      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

• I have no problem if somebody wants to rip on another person's guitar. Taste is a personal thing and the world would be pretty boring if we all wanted the same things.

What I do have a complaint about is re-linking ALL of the pictures from the original post. If you'd broken them down and went over what you didn't like about each, then fine. But to just repost a picture only post so you can rip it is wasting all of our time.

That said I like the guitar as is, and while it has some things I wouldn't personally choose for my own guitar I still bet it plays and sounds amazing.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I wont say anything further. I really dont' see how I was "out of line" but everyone's got their own opinions. Maybe I come from a part of the internet where people are allowed to say what they want as long as its in a respectable manner, I guess some folks here are haven't the gall to express their more "out there" opinions to people on the net.

None the less, I got this PM from an anonymous reader...

"just had to drop you a line to complement you on your honesty, regardless of good or bad issue(s).

many people these days (on forum masses) are generally complacent minions & suck ups.

your opinion is as valid as someone's who says "oh man, wow, that's the greatest guitar ever, wow.

i (personally) would say more valid than the unweighted air generally communicated via forums & the mutual admiration society.

not in any way to drag or bash a person or group, but tired like some of duplicated water down comments, and bland concurrence.

- i don't post here (surprise) = i know many on here, just bought two guitars in the last few days from one member, many are cool / knowledgeable = many are "experts" that can't wait to chime in with an opinion nobody asked for.

keep up the honesty, again it doesn't reflect that your opinion is negative, or positive. most importantly, it's yours = not a rounded off version, trimmed by fear of peers, etc.

thanks again = rock on!"

There is being honest, and then there is being an asshole. What you did was be an asshole.

You slammed nearly every aspect of HIS guitar, not just saying it was not what you like, and that you would make different choices, but trying to be insulting. You can hide behind the "I was just being honest" excuse, but you weren't just being honest, you were being rude and insulting.

And I think that makes you a prick. Just my honest opinion.

You could have easily been honest, without being a jackass; for example:

Snakeskin is cool! But The chrome is over-done in my opinion. I would have chosen to go with black.

The personalized truss rod cover is too much for me. I like clean lines, and adding engraved TRCs would just clutter up my guitar.

and the ying yang? I wouldn't want that for my inlays.

I just wanted to throw that in there since every other post was glowing with glee over this thing. But again, Im stoked that a fellow JCFer is happy with it. All jacksons rule in my opinion but I felt the need to balance out the cum stains with some criticism.

Gets your point across without being personally insulting to the owner, and to the people who honestly liked his design.

But go ahead, and act like the victim. Hide behind "I was just being honest."
                          1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                          Jackson SLATQH
                          Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                          Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                          Jackson DKMGT (project)
                          Kramer Focus 1000
                          Ibanez SDGR Bass
                          Ovation Celebrity
                          Martin Backpacker

Comment

...this guitar is SUPER tacky...I always thought chrome hardware was synonymous with cheaper guitars...The personalized truss rod cover I think is so tacky...(re: ying/yang)
                            wow. deep....I think its fugly. but again, Im stoked that a fellow JCFer is happy with it.
                            Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa View Post
                            I wont say anything further. I really dont' see how I was "out of line" but everyone's got their own opinions...
                            It's like the old saying...

"Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it."

Of course you are entitled to state your opinion. It's a free country. But that doesn't mean you have to be an insulting @ss about it. And other people should have the same right to express their opinion about that, too.

You called him out with your full-frontal opinion of his guitar (see excerpts above): "tacky, cheap-looking, fugly". Now others are calling you out about your lack of common decency and respect: "tacky, cheap-shot sounding, and ill-mannered." 'nuff said.

Comment

I wont say anything further. I really dont' see how I was "out of line" but everyone's got their own opinions.
                              Gee, if someone met your mom and said she was a nice lady but a little ugly, would that not be out of line? Might be someone's opinion, but don't you think that's disrespectful and insulting?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Well, this guitar has allready been posted in this thread, but anyway here it with my KV-2s Mike, thanks a lot !
                                '94 KV PCS
                                '99 KV-2 Camo
                                '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
                                '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

Working...
                                X