Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what makes USA's "sound" like they do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norton View Post
    I just can't see the problem, I wonder why
    You hate floyds thats why Norton.

Comment

I have both MIJ & USA and the MIJ sit in there cases and the USA get played.

Comment

You guys so don't get it....
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
          You guys so don't get it....

Totally! How could anybody ever play anything else other than a blackmachine???

Comment

If your so blessed why don't you inform us . Yes I get it it's all in the person's hands I agree. I haven't found a better guitar than my 85 soloist and it's not because I haven't looked.

Comment

My MIJ Mark Morton Dominion is definitely up there with the quality feel and sound of my USA Charvel Star and RR1T. If I could only keep one, it would probably be the Morton.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
                Bridge even makes a difference. A TOM sounds way different than a Floyd, IMHO...
                ** On my Ibanez with hardtail...it has a brass insert into the back of the
                body...also a 3/8"s steel rod in the neck.(0 tension) it sustains nearly
                as much as my PC-1 because of this! Amazing putting almost all of the
                string tension thru the body.

Comment

It's in the MOP.

Comment

Pure Mojo!

Comment

It's the half assed job done by lazy fat American (Mexican) workers that makes em sound so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                        I have both MIJ & USA and the MIJ sit in there cases and the USA get played.

+1...MIJ Jenna and my dinky (ok theres a joke in there somewhere ) hardly get played when my USAs are out.
                        www.JerryRobison.com
                        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Now that i got my first USA, all that I can say is wow! My Ibanez JS1000 was a cut above all of my other axes, but the USA Jackson blows the Satch model away. The axe feels solid and well crafted, and has excellent acoustics clairity and sustain unplugged. When plugged in, I can get so many sounds out of it. I've never been a big fan of the JB pickup, but it sounds awesome in this guitar. I would agree that there is something special about these guitars. It must be quality wood and construction that just milks the tone out of the strings.

Someone above said that their tone comes from their fingertips. While that is true, my fingertips between guitars don't change. My tone does.
                          The Guitars:
                          Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                          The Amps:
                          Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post

I think its just luck of the draw with guitars and how they sound, some people like bright, some dark, some clear etc. But its the whole package imo

Yeah, It's definitly a mystery, I tried a DXMG like 3 years ago and absolutly loved the sound, cheap trem, passive emg HZs and all, it was why I joined this board. but when I went to buy one, the one I had tried had gone, I didn't really get exited about the ones there, and I have tried some since, and started to think it was my imagination. but I tried one tonight, and loved it, so I think I'm going to buy it tommorrow.

It's fun to try to analysis why electric guitars sound different, but I think it may be a waste of time ha ha!! of course maybe I should say passtime!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
                              Now that i got my first USA, all that I can say is wow! My Ibanez JS1000 was a cut above all of my other axes, but the USA Jackson blows the Satch model away. The axe feels solid and well crafted, and has excellent acoustics clairity and sustain unplugged. When plugged in, I can get so many sounds out of it. I've never been a big fan of the JB pickup, but it sounds awesome in this guitar. I would agree that there is something special about these guitars. It must be quality wood and construction that just milks the tone out of the strings.
                              I couldn't have said better myself. This SL2H is my first JB loaded guitar, so I'm thinking everyone who bashes the JB must be nuts

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                                I couldn't have said better myself. This SL2H is my first JB loaded guitar, so I'm thinking everyone who bashes the JB must be nuts
                                I even had a Kramer USA Stagemaster neck-thru that I sold 12 years ago (still kicking myself in the ass for selling it). It was arguably just as slick as my SL2H regarding acoustic clarity, playability, and quality of workmanship (not as purty, though). It came stock with a JB. That pickup got replaced within 2 weeks of buying the guitar. I just didn't like the amplified tone that it gave me. I think I still have that old JB sitting in my "pickup graveyard." It had been replaced with a Lynch Screamin' Deamon, which was more of the tone I was looking for.

Not that it sounds BAD, but go to your local store and plug in any MIJ Jackson with a JB. It will NOT sound the same as your SL2H.
                                The Guitars:
                                Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                                The Amps:
                                Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Working...
                                X