Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
    That looks incredible.
    I lean more to strat-shapes, but I must admit the body shape of the Warrior is intimidating... mean... purposeful.
    And the stripes, well, they just make it more so.
    Tastefully done!
    Try a Warrior. They're very close to a Strat/Dinky feel thanks to the top front horn (though it does hang a bit differently - I find them more comfy than Dinkys/Soloists).

You can also sit with them very easily just like a Strat - probably more comfy since the horn isn't jabbing you.

Great refin idea.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was actually considering the same finish on a Rhoads! Looks killer.

Comment

Cool one... kind of a scorpion Matthias Jabs look.
        "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

It looks like they did a great job. Do you mind me asking how much the refin cost you?
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks again for all the compliments ! And I have to agree with what Newc said. Try one, you'll be surprised at how comfortable Warriors are.

The refin was $650 including return shipping, which I don't think is too bad for a pro job. 3 week turn around and they're really cool people at BC Guitars, too. I did have a few minor issues with it, but all in all a very good job and I'm happy with it.
            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
              Thanks again for all the compliments ! And I have to agree with what Newc said. Try one, you'll be surprised at how comfortable Warriors are.

The refin was $650 including return shipping, which I don't think is too bad for a pro job. 3 week turn around and they're really cool people at BC Guitars, too. I did have a few minor issues with it, but all in all a very good job and I'm happy with it.
              3 week turnaround? Really?

Comment

Looks great the way it is...but i have to comment that the first few seconds i noticed the great reverse sharky's i thought..."what if those
                black stripes on the body were curved in the same angle as the MOP
                sharkys? Maybe? I wish i could photoshop what im talking about...
                but either way..I NEED A WARRIOR NOW !!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  3 week turnaround? Really?
                  Yup, no shit. That was the estimate they gave me and I was shocked it actually happened. About a week in, they sent me pics of the paint job to make sure the design was how I wanted it. After that, they did the clear coats and sent it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                    I wish i could photoshop what im talking about...
                    but either way..I NEED A WARRIOR NOW !!
                    Ya know what I did ? I used the Custom Shop Generator to make me a plain white WR1. I saved the pic, then used the paint program to try different thicknesses and placements of the stripes. Easy as pie, Dude.

Having that really helped when I talked to Shadoe about the estimate to get my guitar done. I sent her the pic, so she'd know what I was talking about. I'll use the same method next time I go for custom paint.

Comment

Working...
                    X