WR1 Refin !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR1 Refin !

Hey all, a few months ago I decided to get a custom paint job on one of my Warriors. I've been in an 80's mood lately and an idea popped into my head ........... The Scorpions were one of my favorite bands back then - I aughta paint it like Jabs' Explorer ! Same kinda shape, it should work, so off it went to BC Guitars. This'll be my first try at posting pics, so bear with me if I screw it up HA !

I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

I like the refin, but I like the Friedman control configuration even more! What the story on that, is that a custom shop build?

Comment

Close up .........

Comment

The guitar is a regular WR1. I filled in the front most knob hole cuz I always hit the friggin thing lol I just have master volume and selector now and its MUCH more comfortable.

Comment

Kickass, I did the same mod on my WR1, except plugged the hole with a chrome hole plug from Home Depot. I did have to add a 500K resistor and cap to act like a dimed tone pot though, because my custom custom got a bit shrill without it.

Comment

Damn, warriors have gotta be the sexiest guitars ever. Are those just stock pups?

Comment

Hey I did the same thing ! I used either black or chrome plugs from Lowes on my other Warriors, depending on the finish.

I wanted to keep the 'old school' 80's feel on this one, so I went with a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. A push / pull volume pot works as a coil split.

Comment

That's awesome. It's refreshing to see a warrior that's not just...black.

It reminds me of Mattias Jabs' Explorer. I would have added a stripe and moved the current bottom stripe so it hid the volume knob and selector switches ala Paul Gilbert's controls/f-holes.

Edit: I didn't realize you had typed that about Jabs in the initial post.
                I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

That looks incredible.
                  I lean more to strat-shapes, but I must admit the body shape of the Warrior is intimidating... mean... purposeful.
                  And the stripes, well, they just make it more so.
                  Tastefully done!
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

That's cool. Congrats.

That's probably look really cool on a Kelly, too.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments ! That probably would look cool on a Kelly, too. That hadn't even crossed my mind.

Comment

Very cool refin! Nice job.

Comment

It looks good. I prefer simple graphics like what have. It looks much better than solid white.

Comment

Good job there. And thanks for the Warrior candy!
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

It looks like a WW II allied fighter plane with invasion markings. Coolest thing ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X