Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joblo1978 View Post
    Thanks guys, but I want a new one.

Why is everyone suggesting buying a used one?

I think I'm just going to get a new one, price isn't that big a factor, but it is nice to get the same thing for less. But there are no differences in playability? The RR1 isn't easier to play? It doesn't sound better or have more sustain? Which has a faster neck?
    It isn't the same thing, for less. You mentioned you like the collectable factor, and I was thinking a used RR1 for bang for the buck. I have played the RR24, but the overall quality issue concerning the inlays turns me off. I'm picky about that. I voted, as has everyone else, in a particular way. If you trust the poll, then go with it. The neck changes from one guitar to another, not necessarily from one model to another.

Comment

Go with an RR1, I bought an RR1 and then played an RR24, just didnt feel the same. I am now building a collection of RR1s haha

Comment

But there are no differences in playability? The RR1 isn't easier to play? It doesn't sound better or have more sustain? Which has a faster neck?
        Yes there are.
        I had RR-1 (but some fucks stole that!!!) and i still have my RR24,
        i was supposed to do little review between those two, but now it's impossible.
        To me, RR-1 was easier to play.. it had the lowest action ever, still without buzzing or anything.
        RR24 has just a little bit "deeper" neck, but not that much.
        I did some measurements between necks and there was only little (~1mm)
        differences.
        I didn't measure the widths, only how "deep" necks were.

Which one sounds better? My RR-1 did! Becouse Jackson pickups and
        active JE-1200 electronics!! You could get really nice leads with neckpickup!

My choise would be RR-1, no doubt about that!
        Even RR24 is really amazing instrument!!!!
        http://www.witheredwithin.com
        http://www.myspace.com/witheredwithinband

Comment

RR24 has just a little bit "deeper" neck, but not that much.
          "deeper" as in thicker, or deeper into the body?

If jackson made either 24-fret rr1's or rr24's with a neck pup this would be solved easily
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Thanks guys, but I want a new one.

Why is everyone suggesting buying a used one?

I think I'm just going to get a new one, price isn't that big a factor, but it is nice to get the same thing for less. But there are no differences in playability? The RR1 isn't easier to play? It doesn't sound better or have more sustain? Which has a faster neck?

Because after you have played your "New" one for 2 weeks...its used!
            So save yourself a ton of cash, and buy a near mint used one! :-))

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
              "deeper" as in thicker, or deeper into the body?

If jackson made either 24-fret rr1's or rr24's with a neck pup this would be solved easily
              Thicker was what i meant.
              Yeah, 24-fret rearloaded rr1's would be great!!!!!!!!!
              http://www.witheredwithin.com
              http://www.myspace.com/witheredwithinband

Comment

definitly go for a rr1. you get those from ebay quite cheap and the quality and feel is way better then on a rr24. You try it, you never let go of it again.
                "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

I chose the RR24 over a Jackson stars RRj1 and an RR1. The neck on the RR24 is very flat and thin compared to an RR1. Its more of a KV2 neck, it shreds so good. Also, the inlays are not cheap at all, I thought MOTO was gunna look like toilet. It looks like my Les Paul custom's inlays, and their real. I dont know why it says MOTO on the site, mine change in the light and everything, but they dont have any pink, so I still assume their just moto, but they look fine so I dont give a shit, its just inlays, Im happy as long as it isnt dots. The RR24 has a floyd that works great, the only problem with the floyd was when I first got it, it wouldnt tighten properly, it went loose. I fixed this quickly. The problem was, the rubber washer inside, it was not in the proper spot, but if you tighten the trem down harder onto the bridge with plyers, it will loosen the rubber up and it will slide down into place properly, then just loosen the arm back off and just hand tighten after that, works fine, I think its just a flaw or whatever. the bridge itself is just a bridge, I find their all the same, its the arms that differ from eachother.
                  The lack of neckpickup is nothing too. I practised to get super clean at playing fast, and I dont use my neckpickup on my les pauls anymore unless its just for a tone change. Other than that, Bridge pickup 4 life. The 81 is amazing, im not wasting time with any other pickup ever again, it is flat, and you can give it steep EQ arcs through an amp. Just be sure to give it alot of bass, it helps with what people call the "thin" lead sound, just beef it up a bit, it is great though, deffinately beats any other guitar in the world IMO even laiho's. And I dont look like alexi when I play, and my music is influenced by him alot, as well as Yngwie and classical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5VWYAIDsmw
                  www.myspace.com/memnochband
                  www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

I think I'm getting set on an RR1, yeah, I could buy used, we'll see.
                    Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

I thought MOTO was gunna look like toilet. It looks like my Les Paul custom's inlays, and their real. I dont know why it says MOTO on the site, mine change in the light and everything, but they dont have any pink, so I still assume their just moto, but they look fine so I dont give a shit, its just inlays, Im happy as long as it isnt dots.
                      +1, my thoughts exactly when i got my old ke3 neck several years ago (first one i had with sharkies) i was expecting just flat white plastic like the mighty mites or guitarpartsonline ones. Though on some pictures real MOP kinda looks like aluminum foil. Both look great imho.
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                      X