Help me decide on a new RR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide on a new RR...

Allright guys, I need some help on deciding between two guitars I have never played.

Currently I have a Rhoads PS3T, it has a frankenstein Floyd imitation and 85 81 setup. I also have a DKMGFF. I need another Rhoads, mine is about clapped out and broken right now. I'm looking for more tone thus wanting a neck thru. I could put a new licensed Floyd in the P3ST and it be all good again, but I want another Rhoads anyway.

I want an RR1, I would have another guitar without EMG's for some more tone range, a 3rd guitar would give me one for D standard, drop C, and I could leave the DKMGFF in B for heavy riffage, I really don't like the TOM. But I really want the RR1 because it's a USA and I sorta consider myself a half assed Jackson collector and just really want a USA for the quality and am tired of Korean and Japanese made guitars.

The RR24, well, I like it, it seems nice, or so I have read and it's close to the RR1 as far as playability. But the inlays to me look cheap and so does the "Jackson" logo, but it has a nice price. I also never use a bridge pickup and figure that's why it's considerable cheaper and the simplicity would work for me. I really like COB, play a little bit, but don't want to look like some Alexi clone either, but it is half the price of an RR1.

I guess what I'm really asking is has anyone played the RR1 and RR24? I think I have my mind made up on the RR1, somebody just confirm for me I'm making the right choice. It is about twice the price.

Tell me that there is no comparison between an RR1 and an RR24?
    RR1
    88.89%
    RR24
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

I take it you meant you never use the neck pickup. If money is no object i would go for the rr1.

Also do you need 24 frets?
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

No, I don't need them, my Dinky has 24 and it tends to screw me up visually all the time.
      Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

Comment

Then by all means get a RR1. Used ones can be had for pretty good prices on the bay. You will really see & feel the difference between a USA Select and a low/mid range MIJ.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You could get a used rr1 for the price you would pay for a new rr24. IMO that's the problem with the high end MIJ's. For the price you can always pickup a used USA. They either need better features (like MOP, higher quality woods and decent binding) or lower pricing to be justifiable.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Go with the rr1. It is much more qualified then rr24 and you can find one with good price on bay.

Comment

Is there a freakin' echo in here, you Turks?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Do not get me started "Mr. spelling inspector"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  I's there a freaking echo in here? in here? here? ?
                  I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Playability wise, there wont be much of a difference between the RR1 and RR24. The RR1 has MOP inlays and logo, a neck pickup, and is most likley made out of "nicer" wood.

The RR24 has plastic inlays, bevel matching logo, NO neck pup, but has 24 frets. The only reason to get an RR24 over an RR1 is if you NEED 24 frets. Otherwise, you can get a nice used RR1 for the price of a new RR24.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'm not sure, I heard somewhere ( really can't think of where), that you can get a good used RR1 for the price of a new RR24. I'l hit the search function and link it if I get the time. Kind of busy right now.

Comment

Atleast someone picked up on it!
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Thanks guys, but I want a new one.

Why is everyone suggesting buying a used one?

I think I'm just going to get a new one, price isn't that big a factor, but it is nice to get the same thing for less. But there are no differences in playability? The RR1 isn't easier to play? It doesn't sound better or have more sustain? Which has a faster neck?
                          Last edited by joblo1978; 11-11-2007, 04:08 PM.

Comment

the RR1 blows it away in every aspect IMO. USA vs. anything, no question.
                            DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

The top of the line Japanese guitars have always been regarded to as equal to USA models in playability and workmanship... Features aside, I dont see why the RR24 would be any different. If you can live without a neck pup and MOP inlays/logo, then go with the RR24... you wont be disapointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X