Do I Own A Piece of History? Halford's ex guitarists guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shobet View Post
    Weird seeing and hearing Priest songs sung by Halford but without the rest of the band.
    Halford's solo band tears up old Priest songs. That "Rock In Rio" version of "Electric Eye" posted above has the most perfect guitar solo of any version of the song I've ever heard. Pick up Halford's "Live Insurrection" double-disc to hear a bunch of Priest songs perfected and polished. I LOVE that album.

Comment

Yeah, but he (or anyone else) will -never- nail the vocals at the end of "the sentinel" like he did in the original 1984 version. Haunting, eerie, and just plain !!!!!
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        Halford's solo band tears up old Priest songs. That "Rock In Rio" version of "Electric Eye" posted above has the most perfect guitar solo of any version of the song I've ever heard. Pick up Halford's "Live Insurrection" double-disc to hear a bunch of Priest songs perfected and polished. I LOVE that album.
        It aint The Priest though...
        If I'll see the album I'll give it a go.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Do you own a piece of history??? No. Just an extremely nice SL2. Most people could give a rats turd about Halford's solo career and Pat Lachman is not a household name. Congrats on the sweet axe though.

Comment

"piece of history" i want a loogie of Einstein's snot ffs!!!!!!!!
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Well I have to say I love the tone of my 91 Ibanez Metal Design silver snake USA custom.
              It has great sustain and sounds huge.Of course my 93 fusion H-H (import) plays just as good.If I were to sell any guitar tomorrow it would be the Ibanez not any of my Jacksons USA or import.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Must see pics!!!!!
                http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                  Do you own a piece of history??? No. Just an extremely nice SL2. Most people could give a rats turd about Halford's solo career and Pat Lachman is not a household name. Congrats on the sweet axe though.
                  I'd disagree. If the guitar was genuinely his, and you're a fan of his, then yes, it's a piece of history to you. To others? That's subjective.

I have an artist owned guitar, and yes I feel it is a piece of history. It was used to record two albums and used on a live tour as a backup, and the band is one of my all-time favorites. So it might not mean anything to you, but it sure means a lot to me, especially since it is a somewhat unique custom Jackson.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    I'd disagree. If the guitar was genuinely his, and you're a fan of his, then yes, it's a piece of history to you. To others? That's subjective.

I have an artist owned guitar, and yes I feel it is a piece of history. It was used to record two albums and used on a live tour as a backup, and the band is one of my all-time favorites. So it might not mean anything to you, but it sure means a lot to me, especially since it is a somewhat unique custom Jackson.
                    I caught the Halford solo tour once at Dallas City Limits and as much a fan i was of Judas Priest, Fight was totally different and kicked total ass in its own right.

Xeno, I am totally curious about this guitar you reference.....
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

Here's a pick of an interesting Ibanez that I got may hands on back when I worked in a music store in York, PA back in the late 80's.
                      I've had it ever since... some 20 years now.
                      The neck was one of the original 3 made by the NJ Ibanez custom shop for Joe Satriani, when they were courting him for sponsorship, etc.
                      One was maple, one rosewood, and mine, the ebony fingerboard.
                      He played them out in San Francisco, then shipped them back with suggestions on fret size, etc.
                      I'll never part with it.
                      It plays like it's possesed with magical powers.
                      Semour Duncan in the bridge, Lace in mid, and coverless Ibanez cheapie that sounds unreal in the neck... tryed to replace that pickup and just can't... sounds too good.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                      --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                      X