Do I Own A Piece of History? Halford's ex guitarists guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I Own A Piece of History? Halford's ex guitarists guitar

I picked up a Soloist SL2H off ebay. The seller says it was signed and owned by Patrick Lachman, former frontman of Damage Plan, and guitarist in Halford's solo project in the 90's/00's. The only video I can find of him playing it is from YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oN3gOjRcIQ

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-46gj5npY

I paid around $1400 for it, which is the typical going rate for a Soloist. It flat out SMOKES! It's the best guitar I've ever played. I own top of the line Ibanezes and a few Ibanez USA Customs, but this thing flat out blows the competition away. This is my first Jackson, and I'm so impressed by it and the Floyd Rose that I'm going to go all Jackson and sell my Ibanezes. These guitars are really THAT GOOD!

How can I verify he actually owned it, and that is the same guitar I see on the video? I really don't care if it was a scam because this guitar is worth every penny I paid for it, regardless of who owned it or signed it.

Serial Number: U07949

Thanks!

Weird seeing and hearing Priest songs sung by Halford but without the rest of the band.
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

The guitar was built in 2000 and is a regular production guitar.
      As for verifying he actually owned it, short of him saying it or there being photographic evidence of him holding the guitar with the serial number visible, there really is no way to tell.

If you love the guitar, does it really matter who owned it before?
      -Rick

Comment

yea it doesn't matter.... jackson makes one hell of a guitar!! once i figure out how to post pics I'll put a few up.

Comment

Damn, Halford really can't sing the high notes like he used to..

The bassist got really pissed at his bass at the end of the 2nd one (breaking the law) & smashed it against the floor, kicked & stomped the living fuck out of it.... or was it part of the show? Anyway i wouldn't play an instrument that got smashed to shit like that, and i'm not really amused by musicians who destroy their gear on stage just for show.
          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Sounds like a new Jackson fan :P
            lol@ selling all your ibanezes...keep your best ones until you play more. Maybe you got the GOD of Jacksons; I can't imagine an Ibanez custom being blown away by a USA Jackson by too much(but then again, I never played many Ibanez).

pics please?

Comment

how do you post pics? i can't seem to do it on this forum. i am familiar with forums and posting pics....

Comment

Read this... http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by JACKS0NESP View Post
                  Sounds like a new Jackson fan :P
                  lol@ selling all your ibanezes...keep your best ones until you play more. Maybe you got the GOD of Jacksons; I can't imagine an Ibanez custom being blown away by a USA Jackson by too much(but then again, I never played many Ibanez).

pics please?
                  +1 on that... Maybe he likes the ballsy tone of the EMG's? Over the
                  clearer defined DiMarzio's. But imo they are equal...unless his Ibanez's
                  are EX's? Grab a Bad Horsie, and see if the Jackson "Blows it away"!

Comment

I don't want to drag down this thread with Ibenhad talk... but I have played EXCLUSIVELY Ibanez for 8 years now. Hands down, I loved them, until I got this guitar. I've got an RG7XX something USA Custom, which was my prime guitar. The things that hold it back are the sound and the Edge Tremolo. It has such a thin sound (lacks a ton of sustain), and the trem just isn't anywhere near an OFR. I run a Mesa 3x Rect, with rack effects, etc. and I LITERALLY have to dial BACK the gain when I use the Jackson. It really has a huge sound. Clean this guitar is just amazing. My Ibenhad has EMGs 81 and 85 in it.

Jackson content: My friend just purchased a brand new blue ghost flame SL2, loaded that with EMGs. I gotta tell you that guitar is no where near as good as mine. It really lacks sustain, just doesn't have "IT". I've talked to a few other Jackson owners, and they say some Soloists just don't have it.

I REALLY think I got lucky with my purchase, and would love
                    to find 2 more just like it!

Comment

I know how you feel. I used to play Ibanez's ONLY, after i got my RR1, I sold off some of my other Ibanez's and now I only have my Jem vai signature and reb beach signature and the rest have gone to make way for Jacksons!

Comment

Congrats on the new axe. For a second I thought yet another person got that POS PL-1 Pat Lachman signature model.
                        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

I have owned Ibanez and sorry Ibanez owners but I completely agree with these guys - they sound thin and lack sustain on average.

Read their own forum - guys are putting things in the trem cavities even in the most expensive top of the line custom shop ones because they lack sustain and sound thin.

I'm sure like every guitar company there are some really good ones. And with Jackson there are some really bad Jacksons.
                          But on average I will take a Jackson hands down every time.

I agree - keep your best one but I doubt you will miss the ones you sell.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SixStringShredder View Post

Jackson content: My friend just purchased a brand new blue ghost flame SL2, loaded that with EMGs. I gotta tell you that guitar is no where near as good as mine. It really lacks sustain, just doesn't have "IT". I've talked to a few other Jackson owners, and they say some Soloists just don't have it.
                            How many is some?
                            -Adam

Comment

An RG7xx isn't a USA custom. I have both (obviously) and they both fill a niche. I like my Ibanez bolt ons and my Jackson neckthroughs just like I like my Yamaha rompler, Alesis Ion, and every other tool I've got. If you get a good one, that's great! Some are definitely better than others, since they're made of wood. (That's what she said?) I personally haven't played a Soloist as nice as my '90 Pro, so you never know what you're gonna get 'til you get it.
                              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                              X