No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer the bevels on the Pro Vs WR1. Much bigger. The diagonal/slanted board looks great, and I'd love to put a Sustainer in one.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I prefer the bevels on the Pro Vs WR1. Much bigger.
      Sounds cool, can you post pics for comparison? I think flat-tops have a certain appeal, but i prefer shapes with prominent bevels myself.

.... tho i wouldn't really picture a flat-top warrior, that would look weird!!
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
        I think the slanted fretboards look way cool. If nothing else, it adds to the Warrior's exotic look and mystique.
        +1. I think they have all found good homes too, because you NEVER see them on Feebay.

Comment

I agree on that they should bring back slanted fretboards
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

The Warrior was a marketing failure because Jackson in their infinite wisdom put those stupid dual slanted single coil pickups in the bridge position. Nobody wanted a radical metal guitar with a Floyd Rose and no humbucker. If they had got the pickups right the first time, it probably would have taken off faster.

As far as the guys dying. We lost Bradford Kelly, Robbin Crosby and Randy Rhoads. If Mickey Wright has died, then you have a serious "Curse of the Jackson pointy guitars".
            Last edited by guitarzan2; 10-21-2007, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
              Sounds cool, can you post pics for comparison? I think flat-tops have a certain appeal, but i prefer shapes with prominent bevels myself.

.... tho i wouldn't really picture a flat-top warrior, that would look weird!!
              oops, i meant scallops on the front horns!
              Last edited by wilkinsi; 10-21-2007, 10:06 AM.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

A WR1 is a work of art.

All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

im surprised to see someone bring up the subject of the older warrior pro's and usa models. i remember back in 1991 when i first laid eyes on a candy blue warrior pro i fell in love with it and has since been the ultimate guitar of my dreams. i have kept an eye out on fleabay almost every day and it has been awhile since i saw an earlier warrior on there. if memory serves me correct it was white and in nyc but the pickups were switched out. some people may or may not agree with me but i loved everything about the early warriors, deep bevels, slanted fretboard, slanted pickups, the kent armstrong rail humbuckers which was the first time i had ever seen such a thing. like a kid in an expensive candy store the guitar was going to be around $1200.00. talk about losing a hard on. i think it would be great if jackson would do the old warriors again to exacting specs unless of course the customer orders otherwise. im sorry for the drawn out reply but i dont post here much cuz i dont know much but this topic was of special interest to me.

Comment

"As far as the guys dying. We lost Bradford Kelly, Robbin Crosby and Randy Rhoads. If Mickey Wright has died, then you have a serious "Curse of the Jackson pointy guitars".

Two of my Fav gutarists I am a huge fan of Randy Roads, but Robin Crosby was much more than he is given credit for one hell of a player. Love RATT LOL

I liked the original design

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
                      I am a huge fan of Randy Roads
                      Who?
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

im guessing he was trying to spell it Rhoads but typoed the "h"
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                          Who?
                          Brother of Rocky Roads

Comment

I really like all warriors. They got something special. If I'll get a change to pick an old japanese one up, I would go for it. You can get yourself a JB jr. in there for the humsounds, but you also get yourself 2 single coils for leads and cleans. Great concept.
                            "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                              Brother of Rocky Roads
                              That girl (actually spelled Rocki Roads) is HOT. I was laid up after a motorcycle wreck, and my buds brought me a get-well card that was personally signed by her. May not seem like much, but when you've been watching "Little House on the Prairie" in a hospital bed for a few weeks, little things like that go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                                Do you guys mean slanted? Not one of you, but 3 of you in a row spelled it wrong.
                                Heh, y'all got corrected by a Canuck. How humiliating
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X