Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to...

Mikey Wright, genius Warrior innovator?

I am still amazed at how comfortable and balanced and versatile my WR-1 is, despite it's brutal appearance. I understand he was only with Jackson a short time. Anyone know the back-story there?

On an unrelated note, bring back the slated fretboards!!!

Slated fretboards just waste space that could be used to put the neck pickup closer and get a more "round" and organic sound.
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
      Slated fretboards just waste space that could be used to put the neck pickup closer and get a more "round" and organic sound.
      To me a less rounded neck pup sound is much better and the slated fretboards are metal! And I know there are lots of people like me
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Didnt he recently pass away? The inventor of this design? If im right...
        R.I.P. cause he was way too young.

Comment

After being booted from Jackson for the Warrior's failure (imagine that!), he moved into distributorship, and helped a shop in Arizona with their Jackson dealership. I forget the name of it now - Grandma's, Momma's, something like that.

They became one of the best-respected Jackson dealers in the Southwest (and I think biggest, not sure - hafta find my original source of info).

This info came from a guy I knew on another board and who was also a member here for a short time. He also built custom boutique guitars, and at one time worked for BC Rich about the same time Ken/WarriorX7 did.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

http://www.grandmas.com/index.html

Grandma's Music in New Mexico. Sorry.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Do you guys mean slanted? Not one of you, but 3 of you in a row spelled it wrong.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

You been hanging around Ron?

But yeah, slanted, not slated

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  Do you guys mean slanted? Not one of you, but 3 of you in a row spelled it wrong.
                  Hehe sorry, late night posts + Jack Daniels = typos

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

You been hanging around Ron?

Well you wouldn't believe me but, I wrote "slanted" first (I know those pickups are called slanted) then I realised they both wrote slated, so I thought maybe it's used that way for the fretboard and edited my post immediately not to get caught by Ron
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I seem to remember there being some discussion here that he was booted from Jackson for doing something dodgy - can't remember what, but it was questionable...
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I think the slanted fretboards look way cool. If nothing else, it adds to the Warrior's exotic look and mystique.

Comment

Oh yeah, i thought something sounded weird about that... ok then, "angled" fretboard ledge
                          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I heard he died also along with the Kelly guy for some reason I remember that it happenend within a year of each other?

Is this right?

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                              I seem to remember there being some discussion here that he was booted from Jackson for doing something dodgy - can't remember what, but it was questionable...
                              Yeah, something about Employee Projects and such going out the back door on the cheap to friends.

Still, can you imagine the Warrior as a marketing failure? The only reason they brought it back was because they received so many Custom Shop orders for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X