No announcement yet.

Quality Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest CS order, i opened the case and there was just a paper with a drawing of a guitar
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
      My latest CS order, i opened the case and there was just a paper with a drawing of a guitar
      Was the nut centred? If the drawing is in pencil I imagine you can correct it yourself

Comment

Yeah, but using power tools or erasers on it would totally knock off the resale value

... love the ultra-hyper-speed neck profile on that gtr
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

There is no way, on god's green earth I would shell out the cash for a late model USA Jackson. I have read and heard of way to many issues to warrant the cost. I'll stick to buying privately owned 80's Jacksons and know that the guitar is solid. Even if I have to have it tweaked to me it's much cooler to own the vintage stuff. My 2 cents.
          "Everything is bigger in Texas"

Comment

Yeah, only problem with that is people hoard the good ones (I could point at so many people on this forum!) and there're only so many vintage ones

Comment

I just bought a new 2006 model SL1 a couple of weeks ago. This has the E string slippage problem also. I love absolutley everything else about the guitar though, so I'll probably just learn to live with it.

Comment

well, I think it has something to do with the rounder profile of the soloist's fretboard near the nut than at the bridge. I have a SL2HT and a DK2T and according to the Jackson website, the soloist's fretboard compound radius graduates from a 12" to 16" while the DK2T's is 14" to 16" which makes the DK2T's fretboard "flatter" to begin with.

I have the same problems with the high E slipping off the fretboard while doing the legato runs on the soloist. But I think that is how its built and that's all there is to it. I just try to be exert a little more upward force while playing with the sl2ht.

BTW, what the heck is this talk about re-drilling the neck? Are you guys talking about the locking nut's screw placement? Thank god I have decided to stick to hard-tails.

BTW, there is no quality control issues with production USA select Jacksons. The sl2ht is flawless, period!
                Sam

Comment

A lot of times the wrong nut size gets put on.
                  On a Floyded guitar, simply changing the nut from an R4 to an R3 usually solves this problem.
                  -Rick

Comment

I disagree with what emperor-black said.
                    I've seen a lot of sl2's and some have that problem and some don't. Usually the older one's have lesser occurance of the problem of the high e string being to close to the edge.
                    It's a quality control thing. On that particular sl2 of mine you also see small droplets of glue (i think it is glue) all over the fretboard and some also seem to seep out of the little cracks of the ebony layer which is rather brownish in colour than being more towards black. Other than all this, the guitar is fine.

regards

Comment

Maybe I went overboard my statement. Yes, there have been a few threads about quality control issues with USA jacksons. sorry about that.

Originally posted by ilbianconero View Post
                      I disagree with what emperor-black said.
                      I've seen a lot of sl2's and some have that problem and some don't. Usually the older one's have lesser occurance of the problem of the high e string being to close to the edge.
                      It's a quality control thing. On that particular sl2 of mine you also see small droplets of glue (i think it is glue) all over the fretboard and some also seem to seep out of the little cracks of the ebony layer which is rather brownish in colour than being more towards black. Other than all this, the guitar is fine.

regards
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        I had a brand new USA BC Rich that had that issue, so it's not only Jacksons. The neck had to be redrilled, not a big deal.
                        redrilling a neck not a big deal..... im a big BCR fan & that just would not be acceptable to me. & there handmades aint cheap.....USA, is kinda misleading on NEW BCRs but thats another thread....

Comment

Not to rain on the parade, I don't feel so bad about my recent issues. I've got two SL2Hs, and I got one new and the other 'essentially' new. But I bought them online, unseen. That's probably the issue...but I did get them at great prices so I'm not too disappointed. In the end you truly get what you pay for!

Anyway, I have one red SL2H which has an improperly placed Floyd, the posts were drilled in the wrong spot, hence the high E slippage most are talking about. To be honest I've gotten used to this, but I'm always worried about it.

My next Soloist had no trem issues, but a strange buzz that cost me quite a few bucks to get sorted out. It still buzzes to a degree.

That said, I truly love the guitars overall...I can just imagine what a 'proper' USA would play like, but again, I bought these sight unseen and I took my chances. I'm going through quite a runaround with my warranty claim on the Floyd issue SL2H, and with the money I'll be doling out for shipping I may as well get the damn thing 'fixed' here for less. The jury is still out....

Great guitars, but I've bought to 06 models and each has issues. I'd say that from my viewpoint, there's an issue of quality control.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                            redrilling a neck not a big deal..... im a big BCR fan & that just would not be acceptable to me. & there handmades aint cheap.....USA, is kinda misleading on NEW BCRs but thats another thread....
                            Yeah I was bummed about it, but my tech moved the nut in no more than 5 minutes and didn't charge me anything. I'll take that option over sending it back to the factory and waiting months, that's for sure.

Comment

Your tech removed the nut, refilled the holes, drilled new ones, and replaced the nut in less than 5 minutes?? Wouldn't the stuff used to refill the original holes take longer than that to dry? Am I misunderstanding something?

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
                                Your tech removed the nut, refilled the holes, drilled new ones, and replaced the nut in less than 5 minutes?? Wouldn't the stuff used to refill the original holes take longer than that to dry? Am I misunderstanding something?
                                I believe the holes were filled in with small dowels that were super glued in place, which doesn't take long to dry at all.
                                _________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X