Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood type on my KV1..

Greetings,

I have a KV1 Transparent Black finish, which I can't tell what kind of wood it's made out of. I know it's either Alder or Korina. And I have a few other Natural Korina KV1's, and the wood grain looks similar, but I can't tell for sure. Also, when I look in my 1999 Jackson catalog under color options, it says: BLK, BKP, (Korina, TBK) just like that. Which leads me to believe that it might be Korina since TBK is in parenthesis with Korina.

Anyway, is anyone here knowledgable about these rare guitars, or is there a way to email Jackson the serial number, so they could tell me? I couldn't find it on their website.

Thanks!!

Post some pics.

Here's how: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

to the forum
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

If it's the one that was on Ebay earlier then it definately looked like korina. You should be able to tell from the tone also if You have a reference.
        My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Agree...if it was the one on Ebay last year I think it's gotta be Korina too.
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

Pics
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks guys! It's hard for me to tell by the tone. But I bought it (on eBay) in 9/2005. And I haven't seen another KV1 (not counting KingVpro) on eBay, since that one, except a natural Korina KV1 (I just bought two days ago), and natural Korina KV1T, I bought in January.

So did Jackson actually make Trans-Black Korina KV1's? I don't have any pics of mine, but I will take some today, and post them.

Comment

That's the same guitar then. I checked at JGP and that was late 2005 was when we discussed that guitar there. I'd love to see pics of all Your korina KVs! I'm getting one tomorrow.
                My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Cool! Yeah, I will take the pics in a few hours when I get home, and post them. But it's still incomplete. The one I just bought will be here this week, and I'm about to buy another one, later this week, through MAE guitars.

Congrats on yours. I love those guitars! I think King V's are the best guitars Jackson ever made. Kelly's and RR are second and third, to me.

edit: Ozz666, how in the hell are ya!?!? Remember me? I think you'll recognize one of the guitars I'm going to post a picture of...
                  Last edited by eulogytool; 04-16-2007, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Alright, here are the pictures. I also threw in some pics I took last month, with about half my collection, including some random guitars and my partial Megadeth collection (I've got a few more since).

Comment

Comment

Yes, that trans black KV looks like korina. Nice collection btw....
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That definitely looks like Korina. I had a Y2KV in trans black Korina and it took the flash or correct lighting to get the grain to show like that. Under normal lighting it looked simply black. Nice guitars man!

Comment

You can tell by the grain it's definatley not alder... and yes it does look like Korina.

Comment

Very nice fiddle you got there my man! Especially those Kellys!

Comment

Working...
                              X