New Custom Shop RR3042

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilbianconero View Post
    The ebony fretboard could've been a bit blacker but that's the story with the jacksons of late anyway
    In all fairness, you can't judge the state of zerog's CS ebony fingerboard from a flash photo.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
      Cool!, so would you say its worth the big chunk of wood removed to place the big battery box, I mean, it's not a "you have to pay close attention to hear the difference" mod, or is it?
      You don't necessarily have to take a chuck of wood out, as it will fit into the control cavity. For 2 batteries though, it's a tight fit with the 89 split-coil and the pa-2 electronics. And the less I have to mess around in there the better.

But yeah, you can hear the difference. On a cheap guitar, it's not too much of a big step, but with quality components, it is.

Originally posted by ilbianconero
      yes looks right to me. The ebony fretboard could've been a bit blacker but that's the story with the jacksons of late anyway and I also notice that they have taken enough care on placing the floyd bridge so that the treble string is not near the edge as is the case with whatever Jackson that I see that have been made in the last couple of years (with the exception of the custom ones like yours though.)
      Yeah, it's a flash shot, as mentioned, so it's alot darker in person.

What problems with the treble string? Near the edge?

Comment

Wow, that thing is killer! Congrats!

Comment

Sweet. Love it. Congrats and welcome to the JCF.

Comment

That is fucking awesome... Kinda looks like one I posted a mock up of here about a year and a half ago. I am drooling for pretty much the same axe without battery boxes. I want light blue bevels, gold hardware and sharkfins (which I mention because I originally wanted the Death Angel scythes too).

I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Working...
            X