Clear All

• Mine!!

Comment

• Originally posted by noomnus053180 View Post
      Mine!!

I don t see any pictures

Comment

• A recent pickup.

RR0068. Rare early Floyded Rhoads with 'Flip Flop' paint...changes from Silver to Red to Gold to Blue as the light hits it.

Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

• wow

Comment

• Originally posted by noomnus053180 View Post
            Mine!!

You might wanna ask that kid over there to stop pissing against your fence. Actually don't, he might try to piss in your guitar case next! :ROTF:
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
              A recent pickup.

RR0068. Rare early Floyded Rhoads with 'Flip Flop' paint...changes from Silver to Red to Gold to Blue as the light hits it.

got any shots of it with the different olours showing? also whats the feint inch wide stripe i can see runing down the back for?

Comment

• Its on the front too, at least behind the Floyd from what I can see. Neckthru markings? paint mismatch?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                  got any shots of it with the different olours showing? also whats the feint inch wide stripe i can see runing down the back for?
                  Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  Its on the front too, at least behind the Floyd from what I can see. Neckthru markings? paint mismatch?
                  I can jump in here, as I've seen this a few times before. Those lines are indeed joints in the neckthru. Not really an issue in most cases, my 86 soloist has close to the same kind of thing going on. After years and years either the glue or wood expands/contracts a little beneath the finish due to temperature changes much like a neck can warp. The good thing we can see here is that the neck is obviously a 3 piece by the diameter of the stripe so it most likely won't effect the neck.

Either way, GREAT vintage axe! Call me strange, but I love the look of the oldstyle slotted floyd posts and screw in bar.

+1 on pics showing color changes, can see it a little on the back of the neck shot...looks kinda irredescent.
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

• Changes

The neck is the typical 3 piece center neck construction then in use at Jackson. What you are seeing is the laminate lines showing thru the paint, that's also typical. They stopped using this construction because it was more expensive and time consuming.

The more paint shrinks with age, the more pronounced the lines become. It's even more evident in these pics...also showing the wild shifts in color at different angles.

Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 02-17-2008, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• That is one sweet axe

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                        A little more to go with it.

Oh my god. What do you do for a living? Are there any openings? Chriiiist.

Hellraiser is one of the best films ever, by the way. I want a Pinhead V.

Comment

• hey stumpy, i see that you have not yet expelled the horseshoe from your ass; you're still bringing home some amazingly killer scores! you're also increasing my rhoads GAS exponentially. thanks, pal!

ETA: one of the things that i love most about those old rhoadses are the body seams. i love those things! i can't say enough about how great those old rhoads guitars are.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• I love Robbin's black roundhorn V. The one in the Round & Round video. There's something about that guitar that is just...perfect in its simplicity. Don't know how else to describe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sully View Post
                              hey stumpy, i see that you have not yet expelled the horseshoe from your ass; you're still bringing home some amazingly killer scores! you're also increasing my rhoads GAS exponentially. thanks, pal!

ETA: one of the things that i love most about those old rhoadses are the body seams. i love those things! i can't say enough about how great those old rhoads guitars are.

sully
                              I hear ya brother....2007 was an exceptionally fruitful guitar year for me. I was blessed with very good luck for some reason.

I picked up four (RR0051, RR0068, RR0150 and RR0242) 1st year Rhoads without even really looking! Not to mention the GMP's I've been able to find.

RR0051, RR0150 & RR0242 together.

Every time I thought, 'Enough guitars, I'm done' ....another cool one would come my way. RR0068 was in a pawnshop only 20 minutes from me. Couldn't walk away without it.
                              Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 02-17-2008, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                                I love Robbin's black roundhorn V. The one in the Round & Round video. There's something about that guitar that is just...perfect in its simplicity. Don't know how else to describe it.
                                I know exactly what you mean!

For me it was always 'THE' Jackson. It was the first one I saw in a video and hooked me on Jacksons forever.

To get a chance to be the temporary custodian of it is a dream come true.

Comment

Working...
                                X