Jackson CS gallery: Alexi Laiho Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacksonite
    actually Roope is playing a custom shop ESP "star" on tour now.
    there are pics of him playing it live on the current tour...
    that's because the rest of COB are endorsed by ESP. He was known by his big loyalty to Jackson before that. He used to wear t-shirt saying "fuck the rest, get the best - Jackson"

Comment

yeah, sux dont it..
      I saw a vid not to long ago with AL and RL just kinda jammin out, and it was hella cool

I wish he was still (and Alexi) was still playing Jacksons
      the exposure that they give ESP is needed at Jackson I think.
      ESP are great guitars, but dude, it aint a Jackson...
      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite
        actually Roope is playing a custom shop ESP "star" on tour now.
        there are pics of him playing it live on the current tour...

Even he is endorsed with ESP he plays sometimes his Jackson´s I noticed that he started COB gigs with ESP but during the set he change to Jackson...well, this is a quite rare nowadays but still happens - at least in Finland

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
          I think that's Mike's (Bonghits). Looks like it since it's got reverse sharkfins and an extra inlay on the 24th fret. Nobody could agree on the specs, so Matt said a three-piece run could be done... two for Mike and one for myself..
          Joe,you sure on that? If it was ordered recently, how possible this ended up in the Gallery so quickly?
          Most people wait about 10-12months to see theirs in the gallery yet they aren't completed.
          Like mine showed up after 16months but the guy in the picture is still working on installing a graphite nut....

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman
            Joe,you sure on that? If it was ordered recently, how possible this ended up in the Gallery so quickly?
            Most people wait about 10-12months to see theirs in the gallery yet they aren't completed.
            Like mine showed up after 16months but the guy in the picture is still working on installing a graphite nut....
            I don't know. Maybe they just did it real quick? Maybe it's just a coincidence and somebody else orderded with the same exact specs... reverse sharks, inlay on 24th fret.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Roope has 2 Custom ESP "random star" guitars. One for each tuning. The only diference between the 2 is gold hardware and chrome hardware versions.

In addition, Roope has recently been bringing his Jackson CS White Rhoads with reverse sharkies as "back up" guitar. I am not sure of its tuning though, probably drop.

Roope has constantly been quoted saying that he specced out his ESP stars to be exactly like this custom RR's. Same neck, Same "Jackson Electrics" as he calls them, and EMG-HZ pickups just like Alexi's guitars.

Comment

Not sure if Roope has EMG HZ in his stars. It's shit pickup.

Btw. someone mentioned it here about Roope. Well, he never had 24 fret one humed RR with yellow bewels. Alexi did.

Comment

Roope's signature Random Stars have Duncan Invaders. Not sure if he actually uses them on his own guitars or not.
                  http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/sig/roope_g.html

http://www.musamaailma.fi/bandikamat/uutiset/33.phtml
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by -Boris-

Btw. someone mentioned it here about Roope. Well, he never had 24 fret one humed RR with yellow bewels. Alexi did.
                    roope indeed has HZ's in his guitars, he's told me personally at least twice

and they aren't shit pickups, I think they sound great, and if bodom likes them, they are good enough for anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by -Boris-

Boris you are right BUT he still have 24 fret black RR with yellow bevels which has one hum and one single coil.

Comment

it looks awesome! but isn't a bit difficult to play on 20-24 frets on this rhoads?
                        everlasting life for me in a perfect world...but I gotta die first, please god send me on my way!

Comment

Originally posted by kinde69
                          Boris you are right BUT he still have 24 fret black RR with yellow bevels which has one hum and one single coil.
                          Yeah, of course dude. That's super sweet guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
                            roope indeed has HZ's in his guitars, he's told me personally at least twice

and they aren't shit pickups, I think they sound great, and if bodom likes them, they are good enough for anyone!
                            I know you dude, you're the one posting pics with Roope not so long ago. Well, than it's true. I saw some pics with HZ pickups on ESP recently, and couldn't believe it. I really don't like thos pu's. But that's just my opinion.

Than he uses HZ 1, cuz there are open pole pieces on one side of pickup.
                            Thanx for the info btw.

Comment

dont you have to make the RR body bigger to put a 24 fret neck on it? I mean, I put a 24 fret neck on my rhoads and it looked ugly and disproportianate as all hell

Comment

I have USA neck-thru Jackson´s so I could tell from those: My 22 fret and 24 fret RR´s have the same body size (only my XTRR custom differ...)...and they look cool

Comment

Working...
                                X