No announcement yet.

Custom Shop/Speed Neck/My New Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 still has the thin neck version. Mine does.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your neck problem. I actually had the opposite problem a little while ago. Back in Sept. '04 I won a SL2H off ebay. It was BGF, no scratches, only a year old, and close enough to my house to pick up (no shipping). I was the only bidder and got it for $895! I picked it up and took it home with the hope I had found a newer, better version of my Model 6. But the neck was a lot thicker and I didn't like it. I didn't realize Jackson had started putting thicker necks on the Soloists. I ended up trading it for a USA Wolfgang (which I ended up selling anyway). If I had known the KV2s had the speed neck, I would have tried to trade it for one since I've never had a V.

Thanks for the sub camo link, Jack. It's in the wrong thread but it looks like the other one was deleted.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Thanks guys!! Ya I prefer the thicker necks. Dude, it still won`t let me download the File, it sais I nead some other program and I am a little nervous of putting it on my computer as I never heard of it before. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I think they changed the necks about 1999 or abouts, that is what I was shooting for, but I believe I got the Speed Neck instead as it is quite a it thinner than any of the SL2H`s I have played for the last few years-UGH!! Jack.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Jack. Funny thing about neck profiles though. I have a couple that are really thin (like wizard) and others that are nice and chunky (SD Charvel & early Jackson), and some that are in between (model series). I like having them all, because each one seems to cater to a different style (or mood). If all of my guitars had the same neck profile, pups, etc., I would only need one guitar. But that's just me.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
              Thanks guys!! Ya I prefer the thicker necks. Dude, it still won`t let me download the File, it sais I nead some other program and I am a little nervous of putting it on my computer as I never heard of it before. Thanks-Jack.
              Don't download anything. BTW I uploaded it to another location if you haven't noticed:
              http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.p...b6da4300d54fc0

should work 100% now.

Comment

Same thing, my computer tells me I don`t have the Software to open up the file and I need to download the software to do it-a rats!! I appreciate you trying bro :-) Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Same thing, my computer tells me I don`t have the Software to open up the file and I need to download the software to do it-a rats!! I appreciate you trying bro :-) Thanks-Jack.
                  Oh I know what you're missing . You you need Winrar to unpack the file. It's similar to Winzip, Winace etc... I thought that you were having problem with downloading the file itself LOL...anyway here's the link to download the program: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar36b2.exe

don't worry, it 100% doesn't contain any spyware or viruses and if you don't like it, you can still delete it after you unpack the file . I had to "rar" the file, cause it is a .htm file and a folder and I can't upload them separately.
                  Last edited by Nazgul; 05-02-2006, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks bro!! Great info Jack.

Comment

Thanks bro!! Great info Jack.
                      Glad you finely got the info...you could have aswell just joined the forum and read it there. Lot's of RR guitar fans there .

Comment

Thanks bro!! I just joined, I am Slayer over there now also Jack.

Comment

What a sad story! I live for thin necks!! Course my hands are small too!!
                          I love admins!

Comment

Wow I like the speed neck I wish my SL2H had the speed neck.

Comment

Just to add an update. although I haven`t measured the neck yet, I am getting use to it now and really love this guitar Jack.

Comment

My 2001 black SL2H had a PERFECT sized neck. It was the thicker profile that I enjoy and I really miss it. I had an older SL1 that was thinner and I muchly liked the SL2H more.

Dont settle Jack, make sure you have the perfect guitar for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X