Custom Shop/Speed Neck/My New Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop/Speed Neck/My New Soloist

Well, I have had my CS Soloist for a while now and love her to death, except the neck is a little thin .I knew there was something odd and different form the get go, but was so overwhelmed by the awsomeness that is this guitar, that I couldn`t put my finger on it right away.Now I know I just specified the current Soloist neck profile, but I believe they made me a "Speed Neck" on accident. I have owned a few current SL2H`s and they all had medium chunky necks and my new CS has a thin neck like my 1993 CS Soloist had, basically a Speed Neck, just like the King V`s have. It is not that comfortable to play for me as I have big hands and can`t grip it all that well and my hands are cramping up Man, this guitar is so awsome, but the neck is bothering me alot Basically, it doesn`t have a current SL type neck on it and I cannot play it as well as I could and it is hurting my hands. What would you guys do if this happened to you? I meen this neck is alot thinner than the current SL necks, and definitely a Speed Neck in my opinion, what a pickle I am in Jack.

That's a shame Jack ... That axe looks really sweet.

If I didn't love this SL2H I have now so much, I'd offer you a trade :ROTF:

-a

Comment

Thanks man Ya, I don`t know what to do, but the neck is definitely alot thinner than the current SL necks I have played starting in about 2002 on. I don`t even think Jackson would/could do anything for me, unless I can prove the neck is wrong, but I can clearly see and feel how darn thin it is. The Speed Neck is the reason why I sold my 1993 Soloist. I could try to sell it and get another one and clearly specify neck size exactly. If this isn`t a Speed Neck as per order per say, who ever shaped it went way overboard with the sandpaper I am beside myself at this point, because the guitar is so awsome looking. Jack.

Comment

Not a picture of him playing but here is the page you may have been looking for.

http://www.georgelynch.com/guitars/submarine.html

I believe this guitar was in the Just Got Lucky video.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Wrong thread there Jack :ROTF:
          -Rick

Comment

:ROTF:

Comment

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Talk to your dealer about getting the wrong neck profile. You shouldn't have to sell it and order another if you ordered it and they made it wrong. You'd be taking a hit you shouldn't need to, just like if the inlays were wrong or something else. Neck profile is mega-important, and who knows that better than Jackson, we hope.

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
                  That's a shame Jack ... That axe looks really sweet.
                  Am I missing something? I don't see any pics.

Jack, that is awful to hear about the neck not being the shape you wanted. Neck feel is the #1 factor that determines whether I will bond with a guitar.

Comment

OK guys, I will call my dealer. This is killing me to do this, as she is perfect in every other way, but the neck is so damn thin Before I do that, how do I measuer the thickness and where? I would at least like to have some info on the specs before calling. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Also guys, what are the specs for the Speed Neck for comparison? I know mine should be 790-850. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Jesus Christ, a different neck profile?
                        Whats next, the CS messing up on the body style ordered?

the speed neck is .775" at 3rd, .835" at 12th
                        Good luck

Comment

Thanks man!! How do I measure that, so I get it right? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Jack , get yourself a inexpensive vernier caliper can even be the plastic made ones you can get at most parts stores and possibly home depot or lowes.Then unstring it and have at it . If you use the plastic ones just do put a lot of pressure on them as they will add to the dimension.
                            Mike
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

OK, I will try to find one of those calipers. Do you measure the necks in beteen the frets? And if so, which frets? I know they take the measurements at the 3rd and 12th, but not sure how they do that? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X